Votes: 76 30.4%
  • Better than most of his DVD's except [insert DVD name]

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • Most of his other DVD's are better

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • Worst Clarkson DVD ever!

Votes: 42 16.8%

• Total voters
that was directed at Tom Cat who said a Cobra isn't a Mustang after I said it went V6, GT, Mach 1, Cobra not to long ago!

that was directed at Tom Cat who said a Cobra isn't a Mustang after I said it went V6, GT, Mach 1, Cobra not to long ago!

A Cobra is a Mustang, but it goes by the SVT Cobra title. Same with the new Shelby GT500. Unless you really want to call it a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 SVT Cobra. A Cobra is a Cobra, it's not just some run of the mill Mustang. Anyway, that's just my own personal view, I'm not trying to say it's all a fact or anything.

What on earth are you talking about? No one has said that SVT isn't inhouse, Shelby on the other hand, isn't. Still, as I refered, Shelby 'Stangs HAVE been buillt by Ford in the past, but to my knowledge, they aren't these days.

Please DO correct me if I'm wrong.

No Shelby Mustang has been built by Carrol Shelby of any other non-Ford subsidiary since 1967. The current GT500 was designed, created, and built by SVT.

I'm with you on the current one, but I do believe that the 68 Shelby 'Stang was the first Ford one..

Still, might be wrong. But I'm feeling quite confidant about that.

I have just got the DVD and finally watched it. I have to say this to some of the American members who have been complaining about it, were you watching the same thing as me? Yes some of his comparisons were stupid, but he liked most of the cars he drove in that video.

Entertaining vid. The American bashing does not bother me, that is part of the entertainment. To all of you who do not live here, yes we are ALL like what you see. Everything over here is trash. ( We do not need anymore people here. We have enough ) As far as Texas goes, it is even worse than you think. ( If I see another Yankee with a UHaul coming across the border I am going to sh*t )

By the way, if you get into trouble, we will still come and bail you out even though you will hate us after we help you out again. That is just who we are. You know dumb a*s Americans who think you you will appreciate the help.

By the way I have a C5 Corvette and a Jaguar XK8. I'll take the C5 any day of the week as it is ALOT more fun and gets way better gas mileage than the Jag. But the wife really likes the Jag better.

How about that, people are different and like different things. I think I just had an epiphany.

Well oh my gawd how much "whaa whaa" this DVD got, not the best DVD in the world, but well worth watching imo. Reading this tread gets me to really understand why there are blind violence and war in the world. :p

You cannot really compare cars made in different corners of the world, they are made in the vision of where the maker is located, not the buyer. Let me explain: for a long time Japanese cars suffered for small headroom and very short seats, making europen drivers uncomfortable and tired after dirving them for long trips. US made cars dont really know what a bend or a hill is and are made for long trips across flat country with room for your house. Everything for its purpose.

There is no question that Americans have the ability to make the most brilliant cars if they wanted to, but for them there is no need for a Razertuned V8 Saloon that can corner better then a F1 car on steroidz, simply because 99.9% of the cars sold will never be driven that way. Thats why they have Saleen, Shelby, Rosch and all the other tuners for that 0.1% of the population that feels the need to drive like their pants are on fire.

I love America mostly, there are faults of course: Like Health care or the lack of it, I live in Norway where I get very good health care. Also as another poster said, I really dont like the legal system, getting sued for nothing. I might not live there and dont have the whole story, but I know that "Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear" was the result of a cash sum changing hands, also microwave ovens now have a warning that they are "Not for drying your pet" in. In the worlds most advanced society you expect such rubbish to get throw out of court and the suer getting jailed for taking up the courts time with nonsense.

Also for the Corvette lovers, OMG leafsprings! My Scandia has the same system, which makes the Corvette...... a truck? A rubbish one if so. Most Amercian cars doesnt really float my boat, they are too big, uses too much gas and are generally to expencive to buy. And when you look at it, its quite ironic that Im saying this considering that I drive an Audi which is far from flawless and cheap. So what does AUDI really mean? Another Useless Deutch Invention some say followed by a laugh, I like my Audi to be honest. But Id rather have a Subaru Legacy Outback. Taste cannot be measured in any real form.

What I find especially interesting is that all the whining in this tread about America-bashing in the DVD, is that I dont really think they have been watching the DVD. If you can be bothered to pay attention, you hear Mr JC praising: the Corvette both the C6 and the Z06, the Mustang, V8's, Rousch, the Chrysler Viper (yeah I know :p) and most American products while he rags on the UK aswell. Think about that.

There is much wrong with the US, there is also much wrong with Norway, in fact I bet vital parts of my anatomy that there is much wrong with any country. Does that makes anyone better than others? No, we are equal, its what we do with what we are given that matters. Stop the "My Dad is stronger than your Dad" nonsense, if you want to use your energy bashing people over the intarwebb so be it, Id rather lie under the dashboard of my brilliant Audi eurobox, swearing and cursing of the neverending saga of small electical faults that appear in no logical order and for no obvious reason either!

is it actually called the "interweb" in europe? or is that just kinda slang? I've only really known it as the "internet" and that's what i'm used to so it seems really weird when i hear "interweb".

is it actually called the "interweb" in europe? or is that just kinda slang? I've only really known it as the "internet" and that's what i'm used to so it seems really weird when i hear "interweb".

Its a kinda slang, used by some unknown presenters in an small TV show named.... Top Gear :p Personally I just call it "teh webb" :mrgreen:

Last edited:
k, just want sure if it was a Clarkson/May thing that just gets coppied here or is the name for it in europe.

thanks for clearing that up, and i think i've heard of that show... what's it called again? "Top Gear" or something... :p

It is most surtainly not. Internet is the correct spelling in Norway, even though there have been made tries to translate it into the Norwegian version of "World Wide Web", or in Norwegian, "verdensveven".

I think they call it la web in Spain? Dunno. No English speaking country uses "interweb". I use "interwebnettzz" when I want to use irony, but Internet is correct.

As far as I can remember from failing french last year it's Internet (f) in french

Interweb is just slang, I've used it for years. I also use t'internet sometimes.

No. Tried media player classic? Strange that VLC won't take it.

Honestly the worst Clarkson DVD I've ever seen. You're going to say that the Z06 is hard to live with and then test an Exige? Driving that car over a bumpy road makes the inside feel like a fault line during an earthquake, and (as a fairly tall guy) you'd think Clarkson would mention how impossible it is to get into the Exige for just about everyone save a small child. There was SO much hipocricy in that video - I like some nice American-car-bashing as much as the next guy, but the comparisons were unfair and the analysis was just frustratingly horrid. Oh, and if you're looking for the epicenter of American intellectuals, don't go to Vegas. Anywhere with $500-a-pull slots is not exactly attracting Stephen Hawking...