The Grand Unified Top Gear Australia Audition Video Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what about this bloke? Smooth relaxed style and if the car makers won't provide a car for testing ... he can go out and pinch one!

[YOUTUBE]NAuUxRTRbE8[/YOUTUBE]

^ OT, but you must post pics of your E92 M3! :drool:

Not so much a Top Gear Australia audition as a love story between a man and his Valiant. It's a bloody nice Valiant, too.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byYq_rK6dOw[/YOUTUBE]

This one wins the award for 'Most Diverse Hardware Reviewed', as well as the award for the 'Most Bizarre Technical Explanation'. Again, this one is worth a look too.

He actually posted his video here on the previous page, but since he's new here and his post contained a URL, it was flagged for moderation. It's showing now.

It is basically a mini Top Gear segment rather than an audition where I tell the world about me.

I really enjoyed the bit where you tried to explain how the engine in the S2000 works ... :D

I haven't heard confirmation from Freehand / SBS that they have got my application.

Expect an email soon (got mine today, scotth_uk got his last week).

Welcome to Final Gear and good luck with your audition!

Not so much a Top Gear Australia audition as a love story between a man and his Valiant. It's a bloody nice Valiant, too.

Jeez, that takes me back. My first car was an olive green (metallic) VT Valiant. He's right about the steering .... "feels like a hover craft". You had to start turning the night before you actually drove the thing. :lol:

OK Guys,
So i dont think we'll see too many more video's on youtube, so what do we think?
Youtube didnt offer much in the way of potentials but i think 2 stood out

My favourite is Ben Zachariah and his car Ella. It was smooth and so very brilliantly understated. Shame he is a smart arsey guy with glassess (thats my niche!) I think it's the best one on youtube, he's well spoken but not over spoken.... which leads me too

....Ben Prendergast's attempt, at times the thesaurus he swallowed before filmed did convolute his narrative, but it had humour and he demonstrated his knowledge throughout. I found he divides audiences, which i suppose can be a plus. But the fact he seemed comfortable infront of the camera should see him through.

G'day, another applicant here, but not on youtube due to various reasons. My thoughts are that none of our applications will get through. I suspect Freehand already have a lineup in mind but treated this application thing as a viewer "survey" and for ideas generation. That's why there was a big disclaimer to hand over all copyrights to them. I could be wrong and I hope so, but as with most I had fun making my application and am looking forward to the show.

My thoughts are that none of our applications will get through. I suspect Freehand already have a lineup in mind but treated this application thing as a viewer "survey" and for ideas generation.

So you reckon that we'll see Grant Denyer try to cook chops quicker than it takes Dick Johnson to drive around Albert Park, then? :D

I suspect Freehand already have a lineup in mind but treated this application thing as a viewer "survey" and for ideas generation. That's why there was a big disclaimer to hand over all copyrights to them. I could be wrong and I hope so, but as with most I had fun making my application and am looking forward to the show.

Yeah i feared as much, but it didnt stop me having a crack

God I hope one you chaps (FG member preferred, but an amateur anyway) gets on - bloody deserve it for all the effort making the vids.

My $0.02

My $0.02

I suspect Freehand already have a lineup in mind but treated this application thing as a viewer "survey" and for ideas generation. That's why there was a big disclaimer to hand over all copyrights to them.

I noticed those copyright signaways too, and the fact that they wanted to know if we'd used any third party copyright material (music or footage) in our pieces. This led me to think they're reserving the right to use some of our clips in the show. This would be a nifty way of beefing up an episode or two, since I'm sure their budget's going to be stretched- it's SBS, not BBC.

I think at least one of the presenters will have to be drawn from the ranks of us video applicants, lest the fanbase (i.e. FinalGear.com) scream "You lied to us!" No doubt these open auditions functioned as a fishing expedition for ideas, and a promotional exercise to get us watching, and I tend to think they'll end up casting at least one telegenic well-established motoring journo, along the lines of Clarkson or May, to "lead" the trio. But they were at pains to say they wanted something new and different, and I'm taking them at their word. "The Movie Show" turned out OK after a similar open casting, after all.

One more factoid I found interesting was the fact that they'll be making just 8 episodes initially. So whatever lucky bastards make the cast, I hope they find that special chemistry between them that will lead to many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.