The great FG postcard swap!

you got screwed by whoever sold you the stamp, it should only have been 8 kr
Yeah that dawned on me too in the meantime. The clerk in the gift shop only asked where I wanted to send it. Perhaps there was a mistranslation and she thought I meant international, not national.
Anyway, as the cards and the stamp were literally the only things I paid for myself on this trip, I think I can live with it. The leftover change I had with me that I intended to spend on this instead went into a KitKat at the airport.

Not exactly postcards but I did mail three things to certain members because I felt they needed said things in their life.

Well I received what I could call a giant postcard today, this one will need more than just blu-tack to mount on the wall. :D

2016-11-10_19.48.12_S1024.jpg

The floppy disk is for scale, I just found it lying around.

Many thanks to MWF for this, I love metal plate artwork and obviously anything Land Rover related makes it even better. I need to re-design the wall of LR pictures to get this up there along with a picture of Bugsy on the 'Ring. :)

Reactions: MWF
This was waiting in my mailbox when I got home from work :happy:

Thanks eizbaer :D

Thank you! :)

uh uh, me too! mine even came with a tree ornament <3

MoxJ0lf.jpg

McvBhJF.jpg

Thank youuu and merry christmas to you too :)

Last edited:
Yay, that was fast, posted them monday afternoon :)

Mine too....

Triple whammy, my first Christmas card this year, it also came with a sweet, hand-made ornament in which to place candy and to cap it all it is the first piece of mail I have received at what, in the New Year, is likely to become my proper home. I'm basically living here anyway and paying rent to store my bed and some stuff elsewhere but I will be handing in my notice at Christmas and making things official at the end of January.

Only downside is my aged eyes can't read the return address on the reverse of the envelope! :lol: I'll PM mgkdk for the address in extremely large print in a second.

As we haven't really started passing cards around yet this is one of the first so has a proud place on the new mantelpiece. Thank you very much. :D

2016-12-09 22.15.08_S1024.jpg

Now while the address on mine would be readable, work tore the envelope open to see what it was and it's now partly missing. :rolleyes: Can I join in the PM address chain please? :D

Last edited:
I too got a card from Denmark wishing me a GOD JUL. Thanks mgkdk, I'd love to send you a card too, but I'm having a hard time decyphering your address on the envelope. PM me your address, and one will return.

I'll have a look for some Australiana Christmas cards if anyone wants one.
If I get off my arse and do it this week, they might even make it in time for Christmas...

If I get off my arse and do it this week, they might even make it in time for Christmas...

I still have room in my board. :D

I just heard the Royal Fail are striking in the lead up to Christmas...

Hoping to have the time and energy to write cards this evening but apologies in advance if they are delayed.

Yay, glad it made it :D

That's not even the last european card, wonder when the rest will turn up :)

Oh me :-D you should have my address somewhere

This was in my mail today :D

Thanks Matt <3

It did, but only happy flashbacks :burnrubber: