The great FG postcard swap!

Hadn't experienced it myself until fairly recently as well. Simple letter from Germany to Germany, nothing special, just gone :dunno: Friend of mine didn't get his wedding invitation from another friend of hours last week either... some stuff just randomly disappears it seems.

Oh, also: any one of you guys and gals wanna shoot me your address? I'm bored, I wanna send a postcard or two :p

This was the drop in the bucket that gave me my first ever "The country is going to the dogs." moment. A whole generation of people subjected to ever more ridiculous terms of employment, xenophobia rising and the powers that be can't even agree that it's a problem, politicians declaring stinginess and cold-heartedness virtues, a majority of squares doing everything they can to avoid thinking further than the next mortgage payment, "just work harder and cooperate if you want nicer things" turning into "just work harder and shut up if you want a chance at keeping your standard of living"... the list goes on and on and then you hear that the post office has started to simply return the mail it can't be bothered to deliver anymore. That little moment embodies so many of those issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Hadn't experienced it myself until fairly recently as well. Simple letter from Germany to Germany, nothing special, just gone :dunno:
That must be what happened to those Blurays I bought on eBay.

I'll re-send today and see what happens. I have double-checked calvinhobbes PM and the address is correct.

And as the card wasn't printed on very heavy stock so I enclosed it in a folded sheet of A4 and then an envelope.

Even worse... they're returning letters, not just postcards (which happen to have the sender's address on them). Who knows what else I should have received, but didn't. :(

But thanks for your effort!

Then buy a postcard and once you have it then invite someone to PM you with their address or wait until someone else has bought one and be ready to PM them.

I'd go with option 1 to start with. After all as a gay friend of mine once said "it is more blessed to give then to receive."

I'm biting my pillow in anticipation.

Wut?

:lol:

I'm in. I'm buying a card here at the seaside. Now I just need someone to send it to and other things. What do, FG?

Just wait for a PM with an address and then mail it off. Recipient should then buy one of their own and repeat. Hopefully soon we will have many cards criss-crossing the globe.

I have a couple of postcards, someone pm me an adress and I'll send one within the week :)

Everybody wants all the adresses! Nobody seems to want to get any cards, just send them out... including me! :p
give-me-stephen-colbert.png

:D
I'm glad it seems you liked my idea.

well, yeah... that was also an ever so tiny lie on my part, of course i'd love to get some postcard :D ... PM sent, now someone supply me with their address already!

MWF directed me here, sounds like a fun plan! It's been a while since I received a card from abroad (actually, in general tbh).

I'm in! :D

I have postcards at home, but you'll have to wait until August for me to send it out.
(Unless you're interested in one from Finland, but not from gear.fi members)
So anyone interested can either PM me an address, or supply their address at Ringmeet.