The GT5 Online Server Thread

Towards the end the races got a little too hectic for my liking. I was run off the track a couple of times and rear-ended extremely hard while braking for a hairpin (we both went flying into the grass). And of course the clusterfuck that was the first corner of Madrid.

That Hazard guy, everytime I saw him he was everywhere running into people, the Crossfire race he had the faster car, but he decided to drift the Cape Ring ring and crashed.

Also the MX5 guy on the last race was a prick. He took Kevin out, I gave him the place back.

The High Speed Ring race was my favourite, everyone was in econoboxes. I was in some kind of 200sx, on the straights I had you all, but the S-Bend towards the end of the lap the tyres just decided to give way and drift me. I caught up and again I drifted, sideswiping into Loz. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm on GT5 right now, anyone else up for a free-run larking about server? Havent ever set up one myself.

Also the MX5 guy on the last race was a prick. He took Kevin out, I gave him the place back.

That was very annoying. I even had a chance to win the race.
I did see you braking very hard to not hit me.:thumbup:

The High Speed Ring race was my favourite, everyone was in econoboxes. I was in some kind of 200sx, on the straights I had you all, but the S-Bend towards the end of the lap the tyres just decided to give way and drift me. I caught up and again I drifted, sideswiping into Loz. :lol:

I had a Civic Type R that would oversteer every time I drove on a banking, fun but probably not particularly fast.

That was very annoying. I even had a chance to win the race.
I did see you braking very hard to not hit me.:thumbup:

I had a Civic Type R that would oversteer every time I drove on a banking, fun but probably not particularly fast.

That was a great race, my Celica SSII handled really well and was decently fast, but someone took the last corner in a 207 better than I, and just barely caught up by the finish. I think it was a margin of 0.04 seconds. Of course, I could have been a dick and blocked :p

Anyone else noticed how annoyingly the game censors? It removes your whole message (that you painstakingly typed on a controller) if you include a censored word within another word. I couldn't brag about my Wankel and for some ungodly reason the word "engine" is censored.

That was me in the 207 GTi :). I managed to get an epic run out of the last corner.

High Speed Ring was probally the best race, closest i've everr been in on GT5. Madrid was unfortunatly bad. I personally love Madrid, but it was carnage at T1.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, but i'm gonna be hosting another Shuffle race server tonight.

Name: The Finalgear Shuffle
Players: 12 Slots
Track: Various
Server Status: Closed

Last edited:
I'm in and me and Loz just had an epic battle in a quattro and a Delta on high speed ring reversed. The lead changed several times each lap and in the end I won by just 0.098.

how come i missed that post...

but i wouldn't have been able to join, since i can't even read most of the text on the crappy rear projection and someone is using the 52" LCD -_-"

The second to last race with Loz in the GTI, Kevin in the crummy 190E :lol:
I was in a Lupo GTI Cup Car, the only problem was I was limited to 123MPH... I think i'd of won otherwise.

I am starting a Test and Tune/ Fun Run Raceday server to prepare cars for next weeks Endurance race:

Server Name: FinalGear Test & Tune
Max Players: 14
Track: Various
Server Status: CLOSED

Server Rules are the same as the Endurance Race: 404hp, 1200kg, Racing Hard.

Last edited:
The Trackday server will be up at 11pm UK time (in 50 mins).

Name: Finalgear Freerun
Players: 16 Slots
Track: Fuji Speedway

EDIT: Server now closed!

Last edited:
The Trackday server will be up at 11pm UK time (in 50 mins).

Name: Finalgear Freerun
Players: 16 Slots
Track: Fuji Speedway

EDIT: Server now closed!

Crap, I knew I should have checked the thread, looks like I just missed the fun.

I had a good laugh in the test & tune session with the Delorean S2. Managed to haul the thing up to second place on two sprint races too, though I suspect that was more down to the necessity of very cautious driving with that thing. Not a car for endurance racing, that...

I had a good laugh in the test & tune session with the Delorean S2. Managed to haul the thing up to second place on two sprint races too, though I suspect that was more down to the necessity of very cautious driving with that thing. Not a car for endurance racing, that...

It hauled ass. :cool:

My room's up, as usual Nurburgring 'fun' free-run.
It's not a serious room, pretty much anything goes. With people usually drag racing the main straight, and we occasionally tend to push cars as fast as we can.

Prius 230 MPH
Panda 210 MPH.

If you're good, i'll try and let you keep up with the DB7 in a lap. :p