The Gun thread

Tell me again how the police will protect me...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-from-police-station-20130513,0,4944136.story

Store robbed at gunpoint across from police station

A convenience store across the street from the Rogers Park police station was held up at gunpoint overnight, police said.

The robber entered the store, pulled a gun and demanded money from a clerk standing at the register in the 6500 block of North Clark Street around 11:25 p.m. Sunday, according to Police News Affairs Officer Jose Estrada.
The clerk handed over all the money from the register and the robber fled on foot, Estrada said. No one was hurt.

Estrada described the robber as a black man, about 6 feet tall, wearing a black hoodie and black jeans. He appeared to be about 30 years old and weighed 160 pounds.

The Rogers Park District police station is located at 6464 N. Clark St.

Couple of entries in the 'Dial-911-and-die' file from Dallas. First is the most recent incident:

DALLAS ? The Dallas Police Department is looking at another possible breakdown in the city's 911 phone system.

A store owner called police just before 11 p.m. Sunday to say he had just been robbed and shots were fired, but it took Dallas police nearly 90 minutes to respond.

Good thing he had a firearm with which to fend off his attackers. Unfortunately, this wasn't the first time this year we've had potentially lethal issues with our 911 and police system, which this latest incident has brought back to the forefront - earlier a woman was murdered while 911 sat on their ass and listened instead of dispatching cops.

911 tape captured the murder of a Dallas mother.

Sources who have heard the tape tell News 8 it will haunt them forever. They say you can hear Deanna Cook dying.

Cook called 911 from her home on Friday as she was being attacked.

Sources tell News 8 you can hear her screaming for help. Her sister, Karletha Gundy, overheard part of the 911 recording while at DPD headquarters.

?I could just hear how loud she was screaming," Gundy said. "I couldn't hear what she was saying, but I know she was screaming for her life."

Multiple Dallas police sources told News 8 you can hear Cook begging and gasping for help.

In the background, you can hear her alleged attacker, her ex-husband Delvecchio Patrick, saying he's going to kill her. She even calls him out by name.

The call lasts 11 minutes before the line goes dead.

Also:

By 11:04 a.m. ? nine minutes after the call started ? the operator found the address and updated the computer entry, labeling it "urgent."

But it was too late.

Within 20 seconds, there's a final plea from Cook, and the man she called "Red" answered with a final threat saying that he was going to kill her.

At 11:04:25, the call goes silent.

Police finally arrived at Cook's home 51 minutes after she called. They knocked on the door, No one answered, and they left.

I wonder if, at the end, she wished she'd had a firearm instead of a phone. She would have had at least a fighting chance - which is more than calling 911 gave her.

Oh, and further, when someone says 'nobody is talking about confiscating guns' - well, guess what. (Audio at link.)

A hot mic at a May 9 New Jersey Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee hearing caught state senators mocking gun owners after the meeting ended.

The Senators had just finished discussing new gun control legislation when the hearing adjourned. Then a conversation that "appears to be among Sens. Loretta Weinberg (D37), Sandra Cunningham (D31), Linda Greenstein (D14)," and an unidentified member of a senatorial staff, took place. It began by mocking gun owners for fearing confiscation and ends by talking of how gun owners say they want to keep guns out of the hands of "the bad guys," yet they won't support any new restrictions to do it.

The first line of the conservation was, "We needed a bill that was going to confiscate."

Last edited:
tWj9H9T.jpg

Two things:
1-I want one of those rifles. The weight, size, price, usefulness are all ridiculous, but the "fuck you" factor makes up for it.
2-Texas. Gotta love it. :lol:

Last edited:
Contrary to popular belief, Texas does not have the most gun-friendly laws in the US.

Here it is straight from the Brady Campaign (PDF): http://www.bradycampaign.me/sites/default/files/2011_Brady_Campaign_State_Scorecard_Rankings.pdf

If you don't like guns read the list as it is, if you are in favor of guns read it bottom-to-top.

I already knew that, but the pairing of Texas law and Texans is just too amusing.

[kidding]
But I also like people from Utah too, despite them being all Mormon and stuff. :ph34r:
[/kidding]

Last edited:
Well I am accidentally taking a certification course that qualifies me for an FID (most basic gun license in MA).

I'm not much of a gun personal at all, beyond the universal "explosions are cool," so this should be interesting. My younger brother is doing it for his birthday and I'm going so he doesn't have to go alone.

Well I am accidentally taking a certification course that qualifies me for an FID (most basic gun license in MA).

I'm not much of a gun personal at all, beyond the universal "explosions are cool," so this should be interesting. My younger brother is doing it for his birthday and I'm going so he doesn't have to go alone.
I think the safety course is the same for all license types in MA. If that's the case, you should always apply for an LTC-A and not even bother with the FID (I assume your brother is 18-21 so he cannot apply for an LTC... but you can!) If you're on the fence about the whole gun thing, I can take you to the range sometime if you'd like. My roommate was kind of anti-gun until I let him shoot my Mosin Nagant; next thing I knew he kept saying "that was SO awesome! Thank you SO much!" :lol:

Yup :) The course is pretty interesting (or at least my friend/instructor made it so) and you learn a lot. After that, it's the same application and $100 fee for all license types. If you are 21+, there is no reason not to apply for the best - LTC-A. An FID card will only allow you to have long guns, whereas the LTC will allow handguns, as well. If the issuing authority for some reason doesn't want to give you the LTC, they won't deny you outright, they'll just downgrade your license or restrict it. Basically, you don't want to apply for a restricted license (FID) - let them downgrade you if they so wish.

.50-cal-video

I so need to find one of these in Texas next time!! :D Anyone got a clue where one could do such a thing? I'll be there in October again :D. Also on my to-do list: Fire a shotgun! Forgot that last year ;). With Stig now being in Dallas and me probably stopping by there, I could also have a look at Spectres collection :p

Somebody managed to save this from a buyback. It only cost him 120 bucks.
ihqEUNV.jpg

He paid literally an order of magnitude less than what it costs on the open market.

Considering that the government sells off or reuses literally everything else it seizes that is legal to possess (cars, airplanes, ships, brothels - yes, brothels, computers, knives, bats, swords, etc., etc.) to generate revenue - except firearms, yeah, that's retarded.

Old photo I came across today.:)
6248887382_c188b488c8_o.jpg