Called it a day at 1330 at work today, and went to the range.
I put 100 rounds through the Scorpion, and it does seem to be more controllable than before, so the combination of the new muzzle brake and the vertical foregrip works.
Also put 60 rounds of 556 through my AR, semi-rapid fire (10 rounds at a time, yay magazine restrictions), and the new CAGE device (a brake shield) seems to do its work, I got less blast to the face than before.
The screws holding the shield did work themselves loose, and the CAGE moved back above the barrel. Better than moving forward toward the muzzle, and I was lucky not to lose the small piece that holds the whole thing in place.
Shorter range session than usual (and no pistol this time around) , but it had been a while and I really wanted to try the latest changes I had installed.
Now I hope to register for the next black badge course in September.