The Gun thread

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
If this is a repost, I'm sorry I didn't see it before.

Lets see what you got.

I've got a .30-30 Winchester 1894 and am planning on picking up a Swiss K31 sometime next week. Been wanting one for a long time! I'll try to find pics of my Winchester here in a sec.

edit: here is a pic
12-11015.jpg

Has some pitting but otherwise its great. Shoots really well too, which is kind of important.

I love single shot rifles, autos don't really do much for me. Love bolt and lever action rifles and revolver hand guns.

Other guns I want:
Mosin Nagant
Mauser K98
Enfield No.1
Ruger Mini 14
AK-47
Dragunov
FN P90

Last edited:
I just bought a Winchester 190 the other day. It's a tube-fed, semi-automatic .22. Kind of a pain to reload, but it's still a lot of fun.
winchester-190.jpg

(Not mine, but looks just like it.)

My brother also has a Spanish model 93 short rifle (7x57 Mauser) that I'm going to steal from (er, I mean, hold onto for) him when he goes to basic in a couple months. As far as I know that gun has been in my family since before WWII :?. My grandpa and father used it for coyote, and my brother now uses it for deer.

Me and my brother picked this up for $80 dollars the other day:
mtbike944.jpg

Is that a Mosin?

I was comparing the Mosin to the K31, and the K31 is just MILES ahead in quality, so that's the one I'm gonna pick up. Capitalism vs Communism right there. Although it is twice the price.

And by the way, I only have one gun. The ones I listed are the ones I WANT. :lol:

Is that a Mosin?

I was comparing the Mosin to the K31, and the K31 is just MILES ahead in quality, so that's the one I'm gonna pick up. Capitalism vs Communism right there. Although it is twice the price.

And by the way, I only have one gun. The ones I listed are the ones I WANT. :lol:

If you do end up getting a k31 youll probably have a hell of a time finding ammo for it, 7.5x55m is kinda an odd size

And we're gonna go down to the range today to shoot the mosin for the first time. :D

If you do end up getting a k31 youll probably have a hell of a time finding ammo for it, 7.5x55m is kinda an odd size

And we're gonna go down to the range today to shoot the mosin for the first time. :D

Its not as rare as you might think. The same gun store had an entire crate of it. Found it online for $13 for a case of 20 shells too. About the same price as .30-30.

Geez. Cheap .22lr is $20 for 500 rounds. That's a whole lot of dead bottles for no money. :D

Positive rep to the first person who can correctly identify what these are (make/model) and what system these go to. :D

IMG_3302.JPG

Aside from that, at the top of my arms heap at the moment (and not coincidentally, some of the few the government "knows" I have) are my Saiga 12 shotgun and Springfield XD45 Compact. No pictures of the actual units, sorry. Here are some representative photographs:

XD45C:
xd45c-left-full.jpg

Saiga 12:
SaigaZw.jpg

Last edited:
Positive rep to the first person who can correctly identify what these are (make/model) and what system these go to. :D

http://www.dallasdrivers.org/gallery/d/26262-1/IMG_3302.JPG[img][/QUOTE]

Looks like Magpul PMAGs, so it could go with anything that accepts STANAG mags, I'd guess something AR-15ish though? :)

Yup, they're PMAG 30s, without the MagLevel windows. From a very recent production run, actually. Very hard to find here as everyone and their dog is buying them up. I'd actually ordered them with the MagLevel windows, but those were just unavailable in any reasonable timeframe, so I switched some of my order over.

And yes, they're going with some AR-15ish things. :D Maybe a Bushmaster M17S if I come across one at a decent price before HR45 passes and they get banninated by Obama & Company.

Immediate weapon wishlist/shopping list top 5:

1. If Keltec EVER gets off their butt and gets the RFBs out the door, I'll be right there buying one. I'll have mine as a Sporter model with a nice Leupold Vari-X III on top, thankyouverymuch. I've been saving for one ever since Obama got elected.
2. I had to sell my FN-FAL about a decade ago because of financial constraints. I want another one. No way I'm paying retail for this one as everyone's jacked up the prices. Bought this one, so it's off the list.
2. I want to get a Remington 700PSS in .308. See #2 for the reason why I don't have one. Not paying retail for this one either. Bought a Remington 700 VTR. Off the list.
2. FN-FAL Heavy Barrel (aka FALO) - because it will actually take all the stuff I want to put on it. :D Bought this one, off the list it goes.
2. Galil. Just because.
3. A Dragunov/TIGR 04, in .308. Why? Because it'd freak out my deer hunting buddies if I showed up with it, since it looks suspiciously like an AK... but it's probably more accurate than most of their Winchesters and Rugers. Stupid expensive, though.
4 (tie). Bushmaster M17S. Also just because. That and/or a couple of KelTec SU-16s for storage in my vehicles as trunk rifles (they fold up to a compact size).

Your +rep is on the way. :D

Last edited:
Heh, thanks. ;)
I'm quite interested in guns (and general military equipment), but getting a firearm licence in Germany is very difficult and expensive, and even then you're quite limited.
Easiest way to get in touch with firearms would've been rolling with the mandatory military service, but that would've set my plans for university back by a long way (in the worst case 2 years), and I kinda chickened out. :p

Last edited:
Easiest way to get in touch with firearms would've been rolling with the mandatory military service, but that would've set my plans for university back by a long way (in the worst case 2 years), and I kinda chickened out. :p

Oh, boohoo :boohoo:
https://pic.armedcats.net/e/el/elvis313/2009/03/09/ereza.jpg

Oh and yes, we were firing blanks there. They didn't take pictures during live-ammo shootings

Edit: btw. denying military service for moral reasons is one thing. But not doing alternative service and admitting to be a gun nut afterwards is just plain egocentric and not fair to those who do.

Last edited:
Edit: btw. denying military service for moral reasons is one thing. But not doing alternative service and admitting to be a gun nut afterwards is just plain egocentric and not fair to those who do.

I never said I'm not doing alternative service, in fact I'm serving in the THW for the next 6 years (no KDV from me), so please don't jump to conclusions too quickly.
The whole concription thing is more or less a farce now anyway, more than half of my friends were discharged, for reasons like dry skin. <_<

Last edited:
3341061619_7b2222fec2.jpg

Smith & Wesson: SW9VE

ahhh it shoots holes in things.

Yup, they're PMAG 30s, without the MagLevel windows. From a very recent production run, actually. Very hard to find here as everyone and their dog is buying them up. I'd actually ordered them with the MagLevel windows, but those were just unavailable in any reasonable timeframe, so I switched some of my order over.

And yes, they're going with some AR-15ish things. :D Maybe a Bushmaster M17S if I come across one at a decent price before HR45 passes and they get banninated by Obama & Company.

Immediate weapon wishlist/shopping list top 5:

1. If Keltec EVER gets off their butt and gets the RFBs out the door, I'll be right there buying one. I'll have mine as a Sporter model with a nice Leupold Vari-X III on top, thankyouverymuch. I've been saving for one ever since Obama got elected.
2. I had to sell my FN-FAL about a decade ago because of financial constraints. I want another one. No way I'm paying retail for this one as everyone's jacked up the prices.
3. I want to get a Remington 700PSS in .308. See #2 for the reason why I don't have one. Not paying retail for this one either.
4. Galil. Just because.
5. A Dragunov/TIGR 04, in .308. Why? Because it'd freak out my deer hunting buddies if I showed up with it, since it looks suspiciously like an AK... but it's probably more accurate than most of their Winchesters and Rugers. Stupid expensive, though.

Your +rep is on the way. :D

Theres an Ammo store here in arlington (where I'm buying my K31 from) that has both a FAL and an SVD. I believe the SVD is a replica and its $700

I'm quite interested in guns
If you aren't in a shooting club already, you might want to check out the shooting course at AHS. Cheapest way to get some rounds fired, and with real pistols (.22, .45, 9mm, not the air stuff ;)).

I love Texas. When I want to shoot, I go to my friends house, into his pasture and just throw lead down range at targets. :D

Canada fails for outlawing the Dragunov as an "AK-47 Variant.".

Fuckers.

There, I fixed it for you. :D

Yeah... they *look* like AKs, but the action is almost completely different.

starfox: That $700 "Dragunov" is probably a ROMAK 3 - a Romanian AK altered to look like a Dragunov. The performance and action are nowhere in the same league. Real Drags start at $1500 and go *way* north of there.