The Gun thread

I can't think of anything to complain about with CZ, I've loved every one of their products I've gotten my hands on. I would fill my safe with CZ if I could.

The only complaints I've heard with CZ is their use of roll pins and some teething issues with the P10.

I can't think of anything to complain about with CZ, I've loved every one of their products I've gotten my hands on. I would fill my safe with CZ if I could.
The price of magazines compared to most other brands. $35 for a plastic 10-rd rimfire magazine is a little ridiculous.

Other than that, my 455 is one of my favorite guns to shoot.

Is there a reason you devoted so much time to bashing Glock but not Beretta or CZ? Because all three were mentioned as being superior to the Springfield (which, incidentally, I agree with on quality alone, never mind the fact that Springfield sold gun owers out).

1. Gotta start somewhere and your beloved Glock is as good a place as any.
  2. Beretta's sales numbers suck and they're not really relevant in the personal protection market any more, not since they sold most of their modern designs off to the Turks. All they have left are variants of the 92, the PX4 and the APX, none of which are really all that relevant now. The problems with all of these, much like with Italian cars, are all well known.
  3. CZ makes fewer mistakes, has better QC and doesn't pull the "blame the user" trick every time something goes wrong. See Glock Gen 4 TWO YEAR DENIAL period.
  4. Any company advertising their products as "PERFECTION" is automatically target number one if their product isn't perfect. This is direct from their website now:
landing_logo.gif

They are promising PERFECTION. They don't deliver? Let them have both barrels, such arrogance and naked hubris deserves whatever they get. At the pinnacle of their crack-smoking high, with their seemingly endless legions of blind fanboys, even Colt hesitated to proclaim anything they made was perfection.
5. I haven't recommended new Springfields since they sold out. On the other hand, their previous customer service has been excellent and the experience of MAC's buddy has not been echoed much of anywhere else.

Last edited:
It's fascinating how much Glock gets under your skin.
I'm running into the same vitriol with Kimber (not directed at you) over on the AR15 forum. It's almost like some Kimber employees went on a crusade kicking people's dogs, impregnating their moms and/or girlfriends and stealing their cars for a hasty getaway.

I've had no issues with either of my Walthers and love shooting them. Took them out to the range for the first time in ages last weekend and put about 150 rounds through each one. Would love to pick up the new PPQ SC.

Gun show I was at a few months ago had a cold war edition CZ75B for a really reasonable price. $550 IIRC. Not going to lie, was kinda tempted.

Someone on Reddit built this, and I'm rather interested in duplicating it... This would be considered a firearm with an OAL >26" if not intended to be fired from the shoulder, correct?

eme1e810zos21.jpg

CZ-USA is moving from Kansas City, KS to Little Rock, AR and greatly expanding their presence in the US.

https://www.fox16.com/news/local-ne...uarters-565-jobs-coming-in-6-years/1947293275

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (News Release) – CZ-USA, the U.S.-based affiliate of Czech firearms manufacturer Česká zbrojovka a.s. Uherský Brod (CZUB), announced today plans to locate their North American Headquarters and build a new manufacturing facility on approximately 73 acres at the Port of Little Rock. CZ-USA plans to implement a two-phase approach with an investment of up to $90 million and create some 565 jobs over a six-year period. CZ products are considered some of the highest-quality firearms in defense, competition and sport shooting around the world.

“As CZ looked to increase our presence in North America, it engaged in a multi-state search for the ideal location,” said Bogdan Heczko, CZ-USA chairman of the board. “The Arkansas workforce, culture, business climate and industry support cleared the way for us to choose Little Rock as our new home.”

In 2018, the Czech Republic imported some $2.6 million in commodities into Arkansas, and Arkansas exports to the country totaled roughly $8.2 million. Nearly 160 foreign-owned companies have some 300 operations in the state; however, CZ-USA is the first Czech company to have a presence in Arkansas.

“We are honored to have a world-renowned brand such as CZ call Arkansas home,” said Gov. Asa Hutchinson. “The location in the growing Port of Little Rock, combined with the high-paying jobs created by the company, will improve the quality of life for all Arkansans.”

Construction will begin immediately, with initial start-up planned for March 2020. Production at the Little Rock facility will commence in two, three-year phases.

“Little Rock is open for business, and we could not be more thrilled to have CZ-USA at the Port of Little Rock,” said Mayor Frank Scott Jr. “This is the largest jobs announcement in Little Rock in more than a decade. Improving Little Rock’s infrastructure is a top priority for me, which will ultimately lead to creating more good-paying jobs, of which this is a prime example.”

Pulaski County Judge Barry Hyde said, “This is a huge victory for Pulaski County and the region. The City of Little Rock has been working to expand the Port for a number of years, and I’m glad to see the fruits of that labor. Through a partnership with the City of Little Rock, the County is developing the infrastructure to accommodate the new development within the expanded Little Rock Port.”

CZ-USA is currently seeking qualified applicants at www.littlerockchamber.com/cz. Interested applicants may submit their contact information to CZ-USA to stay informed as new job opportunities become available. Additional questions regarding hiring can be emailed to CZ-USA at careers@cz-usa.com. Other project inquiries should be directed to general@cz-usa.com.

That’s good news. I’m eyeing replacements for my Sig P229 .357 Snowflake daily carry and the CZ P07 is on the list.

Tried a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS with a Leupold Delta Point the other week. The combo of Glock grip angle and it being my first time with a red dot pistol did not do anything to help me form an opinion about the Gen 5.

I understand pistol red dots now, but this one did not have tall enough sights for me to co-witness.

I’ve borrowed a friend’s Gen 4 G19 and will be trying out a P09 later this week. Glock grip angle is so unnatural, so I’m keen to try the CZ.

Why not an Optic Ready CZ G19 P10C

I’ve borrowed a friend’s Gen 4 G19 and will be trying out a P09 later this week. Glock grip angle is so unnatural, so I’m keen to try the CZ.
It all depends on what you're used to. I thought the Glock grip angle was weird after my 1911. Now it feels completely natural and my sights line right up when I bring the gun up.

P10C has had too many QC issues for my taste. Otherwise, I’d probably pick one up.

I know I could train on Glocks, that’s why I’ve borrowed a friend’s Gen 4 G19.

The optic ready ones are the gen 2, I would expect most of the issues to be long gone now.

That’s good news. I’m eyeing replacements for my Sig P229 .357 Snowflake daily carry and the CZ P07 is on the list.

Tried a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS with a Leupold Delta Point the other week. The combo of Glock grip angle and it being my first time with a red dot pistol did not do anything to help me form an opinion about the Gen 5.

I understand pistol red dots now, but this one did not have tall enough sights for me to co-witness.

As we discussed via SMS, I love my P-07. It's been unfailingly reliable, ergos are fantastic, the trigger is great out of the box (far better than any other comparably priced battle pistol that I've tried, and better than most that are much more expensive -- coughHKcough) and it's just nicely put together. My one gripe is that the OEM sights are a little chunky for target shooting, but that's easily fixed.

The optic ready ones are the gen 2, I would expect most of the issues to be long gone now.

Duly noted. I’ll have to sample one. I’ll just have to find a local range that has one.

@Blind_Io I’m tempted to YOLO the suppressor ready model because it’s only a couple hundred bucks more than a threaded barrel for my USP .45