The Gun thread

It's been long gone at my local Walmarts. .223 is evil too so it's all gone too. But I can still buy .308 :hammer:

I accidentally a new CZ :D

Pics to come later when the transfer goes through and I can take it home.

Another pistol or rifle?

I sold my Sig and CZ P07 and picked up a noisy cricket (Smith 340PD) and gave in to the dark side with a Gen 5 Block 19 MOS.
B4F00B76-9D7C-4238-A63A-AFED9FB7A73D.jpeg

Changed sights immediately on the G19. Now wearing Dawson Precision sights.

C1DE3BD3-716D-440E-8259-F7889C4F39DD.jpeg

This is why that Smith is the noisy cricket :D

Another pistol or rifle?

I sold my Sig and CZ P07 and picked up a noisy cricket (Smith 340PD) and gave in to the dark side with a Gen 5 Block 19 MOS.

Pistol, to go with this :

1557834395_1477927e342f97e609d2af3.jpg

I didn't know you had a P-07. I've never shot a Glock, maybe I'll fix that next time I'm in Dallas and get over my bias against them.

Yes, I had it a couple months. Intended for it to become my main carry gun, but issues with the slide lock (despite sending it back to the factory) kept me from fully trusting it.

The SRO is a nice optic. I'm waiting for the next generation of RMRs to come out to fit one to this 19.

I'll only be running 38s through it, I'm not that crazy. But it checks the box for being a super light gun I can even throw in my slacks pocket.
Yep, I love being able to toss my LCR in a pocket - so easy and convenient.

Wish I could shoot a match with my P7M8, but unfortunately I have only 2 mags (and I'm not willing to drop them to the ground on a concrete surface), and just this afternoon I went to practice shooting from a IWB holster with it, only to be told when I was done that I was not allowed to use an IWB holster at my club (and in IPSC in general, which I doubt).

In other news, I finally shot my newest acquisition:

IMG_20200110_153429960a355e625e91c5.jpg

Today I went to the club, transferred the extended safety from my old Shadow 2 to this one, and I installed the SRO.

Shooting with an optic will require training, I struggle to find the dot when I present the gun from the holster.

Shot 100 rounds of S&B 124 gr., and of course it worked flawlessly. Can't wait to take it home, so I can do some dry-fire and presentation practice.

I also shot 50 slugs through my Benelli M4, 25 full power, and 25 low-recoil. The low-recoil are starting to cycle a bit better, but still far from perfect, with 6 malfunctions (4 FTF, 2 stovepipe). I have 135 rounds through it so far, I'm pretty confident the cycling of the low recoil stuff will improve with time.

Wish I could shoot a match with my P7M8, but unfortunately I have only 2 mags (and I'm not willing to drop them to the ground on a concrete surface)...
They're metal mags, they'll be fine. I've dropped my plastic-fantastic Glock mags onto concrete hundreds of times without any issues.

They're unobtanium here, and with ITAR, getting them from the USA is complicated and expensive.

There are people in MA who think that pre-ban Glock mags are worth a lot of money. I've seen them listed over $120 many times, with the peak being somewhere around $200! Absolutely insane, considering you can find them fairly easily for $40-$50 here.

The P7M8 mags seem to have reach that price as well o_O

Wish I could shoot a match with my P7M8, but unfortunately I have only 2 mags (and I'm not willing to drop them to the ground on a concrete surface), and just this afternoon I went to practice shooting from a IWB holster with it, only to be told when I was done that I was not allowed to use an IWB holster at my club (and in IPSC in general, which I doubt).

In other news, I finally shot my newest acquisition:

IMG_20200110_153429960a355e625e91c5.jpg

Today I went to the club, transferred the extended safety from my old Shadow 2 to this one, and I installed the SRO.

Shooting with an optic will require training, I struggle to find the dot when I present the gun from the holster.

Shot 100 rounds of S&B 124 gr., and of course it worked flawlessly. Can't wait to take it home, so I can do some dry-fire and presentation practice.

I also shot 50 slugs through my Benelli M4, 25 full power, and 25 low-recoil. The low-recoil are starting to cycle a bit better, but still far from perfect, with 6 malfunctions (4 FTF, 2 stovepipe). I have 135 rounds through it so far, I'm pretty confident the cycling of the low recoil stuff will improve with time.