The Helmet Thread

Since this thread has been bumped, headshot! :lol: I do like that mirror visor.

H0bkDAW.jpg

I was on YouTube and found this. I am sure more than a few of you have seen this, but it has good information.

Is it very stupid to buy a helmet from the internet without trying it on the head ? I've tried Scorpion and Shiro helmets and both were similar - couldn't put the L size on my head, but XL was perfect in both brands. So can I buy Arai XL from the web without trying it or should I go to the nearest Arai shop (100 km from my home) ?

You definitely need to try the helmet, and aim to spend at least 10 minutes with the helmet on to ensure there are no pressure points. Even within a brand, different models have different fit. With Arai, the Defiant has a different fit to the RX-Q. The Defiant XL was too loose on my head but I couldn't get the Defiant L on.

Yeah, different companies have different shaped shells. Shoei fits me really well, AVG is pretty good, and my current Bell generally fits my head (but I sometimes get a hot spot if I don't have it on just right). Some other companies, like Suomy, don't fit me at all.

AFAIK Arai helmets also offer several different sizes of padded inserts to really give you a custom fit around your face too.

Well I don't know if I will be able to afford Arai, but I guess the trip to shops is required. No Arai, Shoei, AVG etc. here where I live.

Shoei is in Europe and I've seen them in Taiwan. Where are you that they are not in the market?

I mean, all of those brands are popular in Poland. I'm just a country boy and need to go to bigger city because they are not on stock in local towns.

Last edited:
Friend of mine went from a Shoei RF1100 to an Arai Axces II and doesn't have any complaints, other than the Axces feels a little heavier and bulkier. I don't think you can go wrong with any of Arai's stuff.

I've tried on a few Shoei helmets at Cycle Gear, the Neotec modular and the Qwest, and both fit me amazingly well. That's the fancy stuff I hope to order someday. But I've also never paid more than $100 for a helmet, so.

I went from an AGV to Shoei and can't complain. The Shoei was expensive as hell, but it's light and fits my humongous head perfectly. There's just something not quite there on the right side as the wind noise is louder than on the left..:blink:

i went with first that felt nice, apparently is "Rpha max evo".

Yay! I can be Iron Man's Fat Cousin.

Ok, I've tried and L size fits me good, a bit tight, but I guess it will get more loose after a while.

Just help me pick up the best of those:

http://allegro.pl/kask-arai-chaser-v-thrill-r-l-wyprzedaz-warszawa-i5132963074.html

http://allegro.pl/kask-arai-quantum-mask-r-l-wyprzedaz-warszawa-i5132942951.html

http://allegro.pl/kask-arai-axces-polmat-l-czestochowa-wyprzedaz-i5101749709.html

Quantum Mask looks nice...

I have bought Arai Quantum Mask :D it's beautiful, hope it will be comfy after a while because it's not so far.

Arai_quantum_mask_black.jpg

I just bought a HJC IS-Max 2 as a graduation present to my self. The owner of my local Honda dealer is retiring and closing shop so all helmets are marked down 30%. I spent an hour or so trying on lids. I wear glasses and when I commute the gate guards to my facility sometimes make riders remove their helmets when they show ID, so I prefer modular helmets.

My previous helmet was an IS-MAX BT and the new version had enough changes and improvements to justify buying it.

cfbbb76f5bd339504ce1cbe8b33fbddf.jpg