The Island (uber magnifique!)

Come on man, sure Scarlett is hot, but skin isn't what mamkes a movie!! Bloody pervs...

Besides, that's what the Internet is for. :p

I'll propably rent it later on. I've seen War of the worlds in cinema some time ago, and I have enough of those "summer hollywood blockbusters" which all seem to be utter crap.
Besides, I hear that watching the trailer is as good as watching the movie, but than without the stupid product placement and boring stuff.

Yes there was product placement and shit like that, watching the trailer won't give you the movie, but it will ruin it for you.

hmmm it was oright.... didnt think it was that good.. if, as said before, it was more suspensful, the movie wouldave been a lot better... just seemed that it needed a bit more suspence....

To the war of the worlds comment... ARE YOU MAD? i loved that movie!

but to each their own hey!

island COuldave been better.. bargain bin movie i say.... (perfect rental movie!)

Just to give my opinion on "War of the Worlds":
The effects and tripods and so were very good, no problems with that. But Spielberg ruined the atmosphere. Sometimes it was a dark, threatening mood. Which, in my opinion, would have been perfect. Don't show the murders and murderers, don't do those big expensive CGI, just keep it plain simple but it would achieve a very dark atmosphere. But unlike Alien, he shows the tripods in full glory, shows the killing and big action and even lets one the bad-asses get a bicycle on its head (haha so funny-not).
Not so, okay. So he wants to make a big action movie? Wrong again, as I find myself being bored half of the time with plain stupid and clich? dialoges between daddy Cruise and his horrible daughter which, in the middle of death and destruction, threatening noises and big machines, complains about daddy who can't look when she goes peeing. A good action movie is Terminator 3. Funny one-liners, big, over-the-top action, and no pathetic emotional bullshit which blocks the action.

So no action movie, no dark sci-fi movie, and no good old family-in-trouble-comes-good-again too, as there is too much of the action and darkness. This mix could be done good, and bad. This movie is the latter.

Sorry for all the off-topic, but I had to make my complain as I was quite disappointed by this movie. I like Cruise, I like Spielberg. But not this movie.

If you have another opinion, don't hesitate to counterback!

Just watched it. Kickass movie. :thumbsup:

And of course I messed my pants after seeing the Wally again. Man is that a gorgeous boat. <3

I also saw the trailer and thought i had figured out the entire movie, but i went in and saw it anyway and I was very surprised. I was just counting on turning the brain off for a couple of hours and watch some meaningless movie. But no, the story was actually very good and movie in general was really good. I saw It a couple of months ago, so i'm not sure, but i think the movie is 20 or 30 years in the future, and still every one drives 300C's, magnums, RX-8's and so on. I know it would be impossible to make 10 or more driving "future" cars, but it still kinda ruins the entire future illusion for me.