The Japanese Mercedes

WillDAQ

Yes indeed.. have finally chopped in my actual Mercedes (well, Smart) for the Japanese version.

50k miles, 2002.

lex1.jpg

lex2.jpg

lex3.jpg

No proof pic because.. well it's a Lexus. The red arrow points to the Radio Norwich window sticker, that's right, bought a car ironically.

No proof pic because.. well it's a Lexus. The red arrow points to the Radio Norwich window sticker, that's right, bought a car ironically.
Automotive hipster?

Automotive hipster?

No he is referring to Alan Partridge (aka Steve Coogan), who made his name on Radio Norwich and in one series of "I'm Alan Partridge" drove that same model and colour of Lexus.

Hehe, excellent choice. I'd love to get a similar one at some point.

WillDAQ
...wants you to smell his cheese.

Last edited:
If I were to get an IS....

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/05/25/08-12-09-lexus-is-sportcross.jpg

Nice sedan though. The old IS is the only Lexus I don't mind. Do you have the chrono-gauges? Or the steering wheel mounted push button transmission (not exactly flappy paddle, but close - and I've always wondered how good those worked because I considered the IS-SC for a while).
Don't know about the UK but we only got the saloon here. And I'm pretty sure that one's a manual.

I think all 1st Gen IS' have the chrono-gauges.

Never seen many IS-Sportcross' around here in Canada. I'm actually seriously considering getting a IS300 (only one avaliable in Canada), though hard to find ones that are untouched :(

With that said, yours looks like it just came from the showroom. :D

Full leather interior or is it the leather/suede combo?

Rear end looks weird from certain angles. We did get the estate, but they're all IS300 autos as far as I can tell.

Do you have the chrono-gauges? Or the steering wheel mounted push button transmission (not exactly flappy paddle, but close - and I've always wondered how good those worked because I considered the IS-SC for a while).
I think they all have chrono gauges, certainly I do. It's a manual rather than an auto.

Last edited:
No proof pic because.. well it's a Lexus.

If I can bother to post a proof picture for my Crapsica, than you can take 30 seconds to do the same. :p

Not that anyone doesn't believe you, but I don't want to start a slippery slope situation. The rule applies to everyone, even me.

Will you hate me if I confess my love for that particular IS generation model and color? Always liked this car.

If I can bother to post a proof picture for my Crapsica, than you can take 30 seconds to do the same. :p

Didn't at the time for lack of a pen and paper... but the car is coated in volcanic ash now so it should be easy to do :p