Autoblog: The Lexus Sriracha IS is the hottest Lexus ever

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Pictures at link: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/11/16/lexus-sriracha-is-hot-sauce-special-edition/

For this year's Los Angeles auto show, Lexus created its hottest IS ever: the Sriracha IS. And the company did so by putting Sriracha sauce in everything! It's in the paint, the steering wheel, and even in the trunk! Check out the video if you don't believe us.

Ok, so Lexus didn't really put Sriracha in everything. In reality, the company partnered with Huy Fong Foods to produce this one-off car, and turned to West Coast Customs to execute it. It features a custom paint job designed to emulate the look of Sriracha sauce, and green accents on the grille, mirrors, brake calipers, and exhaust tips are a call back to the food company's sauce bottles.

Inside, West Coast Customs created some clever and surprisingly subtle changes. The climate controls only show increasing heat levels, and the seat heater buttons are bright red with little flames above the seat icons. The drive selector trades sport mode for "Sriracha" mode. The seats get red and green inserts along with logos stitched into the seat backs. Other parts of the interior have green contrast stitching, too.

The steering wheel is a particularly unique piece. West Coast Customs found a liquid that looks similar to sriracha, put it a resin container and shaped it to fit the steering wheel, so now it looks like there's sriracha in the steering wheel. It also has a warning sticker for "hot handling." And lest you think there isn't any real Sriracha anywhere in the car, you'll find 43 bottles of the stuff in the trunk, and the key fob dispenses some as well.

As for how Lexus tops this, perhaps they could make a habanero or ghost pepper car. Or maybe they could show us a real IS F successor. We think another V8 Lexus would come across as pretty hot.

I think Lexus completely misunderstood what people mean when they say they want a hot car; instead of creating a more interesting and entertaining car, they took their bland, flavorless tofu car and put Sriracha sauce in it. Literally.

Problem is, it's still tofu.

Ugh. And I thought the Lexus brand couldn't get any worse, and then they had to prove me wrong! Nice job Toyota! This is a heaping helping of hell no nachos with sriracha sauce sprinkled on top.

That color is GHASTLY!

I like the green lipstick on the red background. But not anything else.

Are they actually planning on selling this? Or was this a PR special edition for the LA Auto Show.

It does say "one-off" and "West Coast Customs" up there... so yeah, nothing more than a PR stunt. And not a great one... I mean, people will talk about it, sure, but I wouldn't necessarily call that a good thing.

It does say "one-off" and "West Coast Customs" up there... so yeah, nothing more than a PR stunt. And not a great one... I mean, people will talk about it, sure, but I wouldn't necessarily call that a good thing.

I is good at reading.

I like it...:dunno:

Never gonna catch up with Ferrari.
17x23dle6ub8zjpg.jpg

Didn't Jeep have a similar color "tomato red"on the Wrangler about 10 years back?

Oh ugh! I'm pre-vomiting before I see a picture of this.

You sure that isn't just a regular red?

Didn't Jeep have a similar color "tomato red"on the Wrangler about 10 years back?

Wrangler has had so many special edition colors over the lifespan of the JK, I'm sure they've had that. Actually, they're running a "firecracker red" for MY2017.

Lexus, go home. You're drunk.