The Man Thread

Man thread needs more 'murica

oFOOi9i.jpg

...he said with a Scotch whiskey, Cuban cigar, and Austrian firearm.

Hey, at least the Zippo is an American icon.

It's pretty small on my mobile or I would have given you shit for using a crappy cutter in the first place. You should get yourself a Xikar, great cutters with a lifetime warranty.

I had to send my Xikar lighter back when it stopped working after about 7 years. I just filled out a form saying that I have been using their fuel (which burns better anyway) and explaining what the lighter was doing; they sent me a brand new lighter. My Xikar cutter multitool has been fantastic and the punch has held up like new.

I moved to a new town recently and had to find a new shop to get a haircut, seeing as the place I'd been going to for the last eight years is too far away now. My only real requirement is that the place has to be a true, traditional, simple, old-school barber shop. I'm talking men only; old guys telling stories while cutting hair; Clubman Pinaud talc powder. Well, my friends, I found exactly what I was looking for today - my barber was 77yo, the shop had no thrills whatsover, and I got a great haircut. Bonus points for there being a local coffee shop across the street.

Congrats on your finding, those are rather hard to get nowadays.

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me...
I have a standing once-every-four-weeks appointment with a sixty-something female stylist in a one-chair salon. The lady doesn't even own a set of clippers - she only uses scissors and a straight-razor, but she's driven Corvettes as long as I've known her. I get a perfect cut every time and I don't have to listen to a bunch of old farts complaining about liberals and minorities.

I moved to a new town recently and had to find a new shop to get a haircut, seeing as the place I'd been going to for the last eight years is too far away now. My only real requirement is that the place has to be a true, traditional, simple, old-school barber shop. I'm talking men only; old guys telling stories while cutting hair.

I have a standing once-every-four-weeks appointment with a sixty-something female stylist in a one-chair salon. The lady doesn't even own a set of clippers - she only uses scissors and a straight-razor, but she's driven Corvettes as long as I've known her. I get a perfect cut every time and I don't have to listen to a bunch of old farts complaining about liberals and minorities.

@LeVeL wants to complain about liberals, minorities, taxes, and any other thing that annoys him on a continuing basis.

@LeVeL wants to complain about liberals, minorities, taxes, and any other thing that annoys him on a continuing basis.
You two have mental problems.

My own hair stylist is a woman in her late fifties. We don't even talk much anymore. I go in, sit, she does exactly the haircut I want, I pay and leave. Best customer experience ever. 10/10 will not talk to her again.