The Man Thread

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
...he said with a Scotch whiskey, Cuban cigar, and Austrian firearm.

Hey, at least the Zippo is an American icon.

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
It's pretty small on my mobile or I would have given you shit for using a crappy cutter in the first place. You should get yourself a Xikar, great cutters with a lifetime warranty.

I had to send my Xikar lighter back when it stopped working after about 7 years. I just filled out a form saying that I have been using their fuel (which burns better anyway) and explaining what the lighter was doing; they sent me a brand new lighter. My Xikar cutter multitool has been fantastic and the punch has held up like new.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I've heard good things about Xikar. I like my Zippo with the butane insert but my cutter is getting a bit dull.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Went for a walk last night. Some guy asked me if I was smoking a giant blunt :rolleyes:

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I moved to a new town recently and had to find a new shop to get a haircut, seeing as the place I'd been going to for the last eight years is too far away now. My only real requirement is that the place has to be a true, traditional, simple, old-school barber shop. I'm talking men only; old guys telling stories while cutting hair; Clubman Pinaud talc powder. Well, my friends, I found exactly what I was looking for today - my barber was 77yo, the shop had no thrills whatsover, and I got a great haircut. Bonus points for there being a local coffee shop across the street.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
Congrats on your finding, those are rather hard to get nowadays.

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2019 Mazda6 Sport, 2002 Subaru WRX
Somehow, this doesn't surprise me...
I have a standing once-every-four-weeks appointment with a sixty-something female stylist in a one-chair salon. The lady doesn't even own a set of clippers - she only uses scissors and a straight-razor, but she's driven Corvettes as long as I've known her. I get a perfect cut every time and I don't have to listen to a bunch of old farts complaining about liberals and minorities.

I moved to a new town recently and had to find a new shop to get a haircut, seeing as the place I'd been going to for the last eight years is too far away now. My only real requirement is that the place has to be a true, traditional, simple, old-school barber shop. I'm talking men only; old guys telling stories while cutting hair.

GRtak

Forum Addict
I have a standing once-every-four-weeks appointment with a sixty-something female stylist in a one-chair salon. The lady doesn't even own a set of clippers - she only uses scissors and a straight-razor, but she's driven Corvettes as long as I've known her. I get a perfect cut every time and I don't have to listen to a bunch of old farts complaining about liberals and minorities.
@LeVeL wants to complain about liberals, minorities, taxes, and any other thing that annoys him on a continuing basis.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
@LeVeL wants to complain about liberals, minorities, taxes, and any other thing that annoys him on a continuing basis.
You two have mental problems.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
My own hair stylist is a woman in her late fifties. We don't even talk much anymore. I go in, sit, she does exactly the haircut I want, I pay and leave. Best customer experience ever. 10/10 will not talk to her again.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Happy international men's day, men! Apparently that's a thing - I wasn't aware of it until today. I celebrated by uh.... going to work, I guess.