The Martial Arts Thread

I am a red belt in Taekwondo, but i had to stop due to a back injury...

I am a red belt in Taekwondo

me too, 1 kup or whatever it's called (the one just before black), but I'm having some troubles with my bloodpressuremeds so I might have to take a break :(

I went all the way to black belt in fake karate.

I used to do ju-jutsu (german, not brazilian) for 4-5 years, but I quit about a week or two before I would have had my exam for blue belt....completely lost my interest and couldn't be bothered to go on for that last couple of weeks to get the blue belt so I ended up with a green one, which I don't consider to be anything really.

I mainly lost interest because there were no competitions in german style ju-jutsu, only brazilian and I didn't like that one bit, boring matt wrestling. Now thinking about it I think it was a bit stupid for me to quite since I was pretty talented and would now be really good at it.

I have been thinking of starting either Krav Maga or Kung Fu for two years now, but tennis has been taking my time for the past year or so. I love martial arts, but it is very time consuming if you want to actually get anywhere with it.

Last edited:
I did 8 years of Bujinkan Ninjutsu, became a 2nd degree black belt, got tired of the politics in the post-black belt ranks, and left.

No, but I definitely want to start some Krav Maga and maybe top it up with some Judo. Don't know if I'll start this year or next, but definitely in the near future. Just like some have said, martial arts are time consuming if you want to get somewhere with them, so it will depend on how much time I have on my hands.

Just google-fu.

I've got an old-ish, crap-ish Katana at my parents place, but did never anything constructive with it.

2nd Degree Black Belt - Tang Soo Do.

Looking to get back into something a bit more "Close Contact Fighting". I have a couple ex-Marine types that run kick boxing classes that I may hit up soon.

6 months of Tae Kwon Do (doesn't really count)
3 years of Northern Shaolin Kung Fu. It's been about 2 years I stopped and I am eager to start Sanda (which in case you don't know is kind of a "simplified" and straight-forward version of Shaolin Kung Fu, focused on combat rather than forms and weapons).

5 Years of Tae Kwon Do, first degree black belt. I need to go back to it... I honestly need the exercise.

Aikido 6Th Kyu now prerapring for my next... just about a year 1 month of training :)

I got my black belts in Taekwondo and Kung Fu when I was 12. Started around age 5 - 6. Taekwondo is useless for the most part just really flashy and fun to do / watch. The Kung Fu is a bit more practical as that's where I got all my weapons training.

I got pretty proficient with chucks, kamas, staff, and sais.

Just not as flexible as I used to be :p

10 years of gojo-ryu karate, and about 6 of weapons training. I never ended up getting my black belt. I ended up getting too serious with music.

Didn't expect all that people with martial arts training.