The new software sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2019 Mazda6 Sport, 2002 Subaru WRX, 1961 Morgan
I just absolutely HATE this new version of the site.
Surely vBulletin must know that it took a giant step backwards.
Now I'm back to not being able to post attachments... Who knows why????

I'm also still unable to see details of the folks who are posting - like location and age... despite updating my setting numerous times.

I wanted to post a photo this morning, but I guess I'll just continue lurking like I have for the past few weeks.

SL

I just kinda hate how it looks. So much white space. I miss the old forum look.

I really couldn’t care how it looks. It would be nice to just have the speed back.

I don't even care to log in anymore. This is pretty sad.

My normal routine for checking threads:

Go make a sandwich.
Open every thread I am interested in in a new tab.
Watch Netflix
Read four or five posts, close tabs, dismiss notifications
Don't bother looking for new threads because it takes so damn long to load anything.

This update is killing the forums, the place is like a ghost town these days.

if you had a viper and AMG CLS, would you still put time in that stupid forum you set up over a decade ago, but doens't make a single dime of profit?
i'm surprised the forums are still online!

you're missing a :p smiley there ;)

Yeah, it's hard not to think that this place has died quite a bit. The speed is an absolute killer.

Blind_Io;n3548443 said:
My normal routine for checking threads:

Go make a sandwich.
Open every thread I am interested in in a new tab.
Watch Netflix
Read four or five posts, close tabs, dismiss notifications
Don't bother looking for new threads because it takes so damn long to load anything.

This update is killing the forums, the place is like a ghost town these days.

Yep, same. Even if we get the XenForo changeover, I fear it's already too late for the forum. :/

I hope it isn't. This is it for me. There's no way I deal with trying to get used to another forum.Not to mention most of the other ones out there are...shall I say...less accepting than FG is.

Last edited:
There has been an obvious spam post up for over 24 hours now, which has been reported a half-dozen times over that period. It's not just the users, the staff are checking out as well. :(

I've reddit-requested ownership of /r/finalgear in case we need somewhere to fall back to if the site goes down, hopefully not.

There’s been a spam post in The Smoking Tire subforum for a while, since before xenforo was announced.

BerserkerCatSplat;n3548628 said:
I've reddit-requested ownership of /r/finalgear in case we need somewhere to fall back to if the site goes down.

Oh lord, no.

I'm trying my best to be patient but it's wearing thin unfortunately. I really thought this would be done by now, I even suggested skipping one of the hurdles to help speed it up but that was almost the last we heard from Viper, I hope he's OK. I can't blame the moderators for not checking in, it's very frustrating to try and use the forums. Despite this I try to use them every day while waiting for the train, I'm used to way this VB works now and I'm perfectly happy using it but the speed is just a nightmare.

Telegram seems alive and well judging by the torrent of messages shown in a video on Misrabelle's Facebook page. :lol: I didn't even know there was a r/finalgear.

What's the telegram group called anyways?

And now even Telegram is down. Higher powers are trying to rip this group apart.

BerserkerCatSplat;n3548628 said:
I've reddit-requested ownership of /r/finalgear in case we need somewhere to fall back to if the site goes down, hopefully not.

Judging by the mod list, you got it?

Nice initiative, but I don't think it can replace the forum. The forum just has such widely varying topics and a lot of it are endless topics as opposed to "topical topics". The latter being what reddit is for; after all, it's a curation service with only a tiny fraction displayed to readers and the rest buried where comparatively tiny portion of users ever goes to look at it.

Jupix;n3548756 said:
Judging by the mod list, you got it?

Nice initiative, but I don't think it can replace the forum. The forum just has such widely varying topics and a lot of it are endless topics as opposed to "topical topics". The latter being what reddit is for; after all, it's a curation service with only a tiny fraction displayed to readers and the rest buried where comparatively tiny portion of users ever goes to look at it.

Yeah I was added as a mod, they must have gotten in touch with the original owner as they weren't removed. It was never intended to be a replacement for FG, just somewhere for folks to congregate if the worst happens here.

Just subscribed to /r/FinalGear.

I'm /u/SgtBrowncoat on reddit. If you want some help setting up automoderator, I can pull my configuration from one of my other subs and set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.