The New Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C

francis

Car(s)
98?Impreza GT
phpE6VD1f.preview.jpg

phpcUmfka.preview.jpg

info: http://www.nextautos.com/delicious-...preza-wrx-sti-spec-c-spied?gid=9365&nid=24876

For those Subaru enthusiasts who came away from the latest Impreza WRX STI wanting a still more extreme driving tool, the Japanese automaker seems to be on the verge of offering the hardcore Spec C.

Expected to be added to the Subaru range in a matter of a few months, the Spec C Impreza should answer the critics that claimed this generation?s STI just wasn?t as brutal as the last. Engineers have stripped out over 150 pounds of unneeded weight in the new car, using thinner glass, a smaller battery, and lighter aluminum panels in the doors, trunk lid, and roof. The Spec C will also reportedly get a mild power hike over the standard STI, as well as bigger brakes with six-piston calipers to halt the car?s more rapid progress.

The Spec C STI will fly under the radar a bit visually though (as much as a rally car for the road can), showing only a slightly revised front spoiler and a new rear diffuser in these spied photos. Scroll down to read the shooter?s own words about the Impreza WRX STI Spec C.

What do you do if you think that the new Impreza WRX STI is just not sporty enough for you?

Well, you can just wait some more months and buy a WRX STI Spec C instead. The guys over at Subaru are just doing the final testing on this new super version. With some smaller body modifications, like a new rear diffuser and a slightly different front spoiler this car will stand out next to a ?normal? STI.

But this wouldn?t be a Spec C if there weren?t any technical modifications, right? So, first of all, like Colin Chapman once said, for speed - add lightness. The Subaru guys have stripped out about 70 kg with help of thinner glass, smaller battery and lighter aluminum panels for roof, boot and doors.

Engine will be slightly stronger and quicker on response, and to make sure that the Spec C will stop just where you want, it has big six-piston calipers and bigger brake discs.

The new Impreza styling is growing on me, and I love this new Type C. It looks very good too.

Wow 150 pounds less! Will this make it a lot faster than the Evo?
I think so.

Oh, damn, that looks awesome!!

Sweeeeeeet.
I was hoping something like this was coming.

I still think this style was a downgrade for the exterior compared to previous years, but that does look a bit better than a current stock STI, and the technical specs sound good.

You all are missing the point, this car is a road legal race car. The WRC guys tell the engineers and designers, we need "x" and then they build a car that meets that standard and that the market will buy. pure and simple this car pays for the racing program, thats its purpose now.

When did they stop using the pink Subaru logo for the STI?

Still too many doors. Make it 3-door and then I'll worship it.