The "New Toys" Thread

Hey nice one! That's what I bought for my birthday back in September, but mine is blue.

The battery isn't so bad. I don't talk too much and I charge it every other night, it's a tradeoff you have to make for something so tiny and slim. How do you like the camera? It's pretty good for daylight pics.

My thoughts exactly - the cam's a bit slow but offers really good pictures for a phone camera, haven't fiddled that much around in night time so far. I hardly use it for talking as well but as an universal too for snap shots or gaming while being bored or having to wait for something / somebody, that's what really eats up battery power. But then, it's sooo stylish and slim that you'll simply have to forgive it its faults. :D

psh..... spring loaded yo-yo, thats for noobs :lol:
It has a 3 position clutch. Locked (for noobs or when i just need something to help me concentrate - actually works for me), auto return (for learning tricks) and free (proper position).

I'm still learning how to fly one, so it's excellent. It's a big off balance though. The side with the clutch is just a tad heavier. Hope that won't cause me much problems. If so, i'll have to take it apart, do some serious measurements and fix it (if i can at all).

True, the camera is SO slow. Like about 25 seconds slow.

My thoughts exactly - the cam's a bit slow but offers really good pictures for a phone camera, haven't fiddled that much around in night time so far. I hardly use it for talking as well but as an universal too for snap shots or gaming while being bored or having to wait for something / somebody, that's what really eats up battery power. But then, it's sooo stylish and slim that you'll simply have to forgive it its faults. :D

Last edited:
It has a 3 position clutch. Locked (for noobs or when i just need something to help me concentrate - actually works for me), auto return (for learning tricks) and free (proper position).

I'm still learning how to fly one, so it's excellent. It's a big off balance though. The side with the clutch is just a tad heavier. Hope that won't cause me much problems. If so, i'll have to take it apart, do some serious measurements and fix it (if i can at all).

yo-yos are awsome! I also started with a "clutched" (I didn't even know thats what they're called) yo-yo, all I had to do was take it apart, reinsert the axle the other way around and it became a non-clutched yo-yo. :D
Yomega Stealth Raider and Hyper Raider were my favorites, I still have them somewhere in the house, must have been at least 8 years since I last played with one, now I gotta find them :lol:

Where did you buy that YoYo, how much it cost and does the store have just that one or several from which I can choose?

A while back, before I got a CC I was thinking about buying one of these: Tom Kuhn SB 2.2. It is a tad expensive
but I love YoYos ever since the Slovenian YoYo craze many years back. I can still remember my Yomega Brain.

www.talenti.si

lots of juggling gizmos. They have quite a few yoyos, but their store is weird. i wanted a blue one, but they don't have an option to choose the colour, i guess you have to put it into the order form. Cost me ?16.85 with shipping and it came in 2 days.

U werent kidding. The navigation on that site blows.

I'm probably gonna go with this one tho: Hitman And Check out the vid at the bottom. It's insane. They ship to Slovenia which is
awsome and the shipping & handling charges are amazing. Seven bucks. The fast that the dollar is in the toilet ATM is nice too. :p

This thread is brought to you by the Yo-Yo: Making sure that geeks and nerds remain virgins their entire life.

Geeks FTW!

Anyway, I just received the confirmation that my 2nd gig of Corsair XMS2 800 has been sent out.
I even bought it (kinda) with my own money, since I'm working on the dental emergency service of my clinic right now. Don't get paid much, buts I earn almost all of the 35 Euros the gig cost today... If you don't mind the extra hours after the university has finished. At least not every day means 14 hours of work ;-)

hope fitting it goes well for ya Buba :)

Well, how hard can sticking it in be after you've built the htpc ;-)

Decided to bring it down off the shelf and fire it up again..
I wish I hadn't.

Sidewinder_web.jpg

My new toy, which probably will not last very long in my house. I have my old school logitech that is more comfy.

I'll bet using that mouse is about as comfortable as having sex with a tree chipper.

Fact: Hands aren't square. Who manufactured that abomination of ergonomics?

Don't be retarded. Apple's products might have a lot of faults or you might think they're overpriced... but what is undisputable is that their designs are generally very awesome and better than what others are putting out.

You just love bashing shit, don't you? You constantly bash Vista, you bash Apple... what gives?

someone with at least more knowledge of design and style than apple.

undisputable by whome? the general public? is that the same general public that watches mtv and buys suv's? that's saying something.