The "New Toys" Thread

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
^ Damn, I'm jealous. Does that come with Penryn?

Must go nice with your iPod Touch. :D

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
Does that come with Penryn?

Must go nice with your iPod Touch. :D
1. I dunno!?! It has the standard 2.4 Intel core 2

2. I get $199 cashback, well, students do, cos I got the comp and iPod in the same transaction. Every bit helps.

essentialatom

Car(s)
Renault Clio Sport
Good choice, from what I've heard the Z-5500 subwoofer is far too boomy and muddy, so it's bad for music. Unless you're the sort of person who enjoys useless pounding. :p
I just bought a set of Z-5500 speakers and I love them. The set is a bit muddy if playing at polite volumes - but play the speakers loudly and they really shine. They excel with films and games but they're still very decent music speakers.

geeman

suomiface
Car(s)
Toyota Corolla,Chevrolet Corvette,Alfa Romeo Mito
Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB.

Closing in on the 1TB mark. Combined with my 250GB drive I hade before I am now at 930GB actual storage. Maybe I will buy another 80GB drive, just so I can say I have over 1TB ;)

MadCow809

Forum Addict
Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB.

Closing in on the 1TB mark. Combined with my 250GB drive I hade before I am now at 930GB actual storage. Maybe I will buy another 80GB drive, just so I can say I have over 1TB ;)
hehe.. i got 2 x 500gb, along with my 160gb as my main C drive

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
My last Christmas present finally arrived.

[/geekdom]

edit: btw, this was the same camera phone that took those other horrible pics...it just acts retarded under poor light

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
My last Christmas present finally arrived.

[/geekdom]

edit: btw, this was the same camera phone that took those other horrible pics...it just acts retarded under poor light
Why does yours only have 14?

Dark_Templer_102

Car(s)
Subaru Legacy GT
I just bought a set of Z-5500 speakers and I love them. The set is a bit muddy if playing at polite volumes - but play the speakers loudly and they really shine. They excel with films and games but they're still very decent music speakers.
Wow I just got them too. 189 shipped at amazing. Super free shipping took only about a week...pretty fast

Can't wait, gonna bring them to college next year and blast techno and random rap...where these speakers shine.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf

Cobol74

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
^ Awesome choice - I throughly approve of your taste. One of the less well known sketchs that had me on the floor in stitches when it was first aired, much to the bemusement of my parents, was the "Confuse a Cat" sketch - but then that's me.

PaSSoA

Yeah, a few of us have it here and it's really a good choice, but to be honest, I don't really listen to music on it, just movies and games and it really excellent! Just a word of caution though, it seems to be a little sensitive with power outages, I had to change the fuse a couple of times now, so try to plug it to a dedicated power socket and it should be fine :)

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
A while back it dawned on my that my mp3 player just wasn't cutting the mustard. Sure it played songs alright but that was it. I wanted something more out of life. I finally picked up a new toy that I've been wanting for quite a long time. First I'll show you what I'm upgrading from:

Yeah. I think my problem was obvious. 512mb of portable musical misery. And the slowest scrolling display ever created by mankind. Change was needed, so out with the old and in with the new:

80gb of multimedia magnificence! :wub: I haven't been able to put it down since I got it. The little touchpad control is really cool and I love the huge screen. I've recently discovered what all the hype about podcasts is now that I can actually use them. No more hearing the same songs over and over because that's what the media player wanted to sync to my puny and insignificant little SanDisk everytime I connected it. Me so happy! But that's not all...

Our esteemed leader, Viper007Bond, now has a new toy as well: my soul. That's right, 3000 posts baby!!!!!! :viper: :banana::w00t::burnrubber::coplight: :beer: