The "New Toys" Thread

I still have the 5G video ipod 30gb... i sort of wish it was harmed in some way so I can go ahead and justify spending money on a new ipod

Why don't you just rockbox it, than swap in a 32GB CF card and new battery?

Seriously, how did your iPod get run over by a bus?!?

And nice sofa!

Easy thing.

I had it in my front shirt pocket, jumped into my car, Ipod fell on road, bus. Got hit by 3 wheels...but still, the display light still works ^^

My first piece of Lego Technic since.. 10 years probably. It's tiny but it'll so gonna make my afternoon. :D

And it's also a racecar!:dance:

Arguably less due to their poor market share.

How can that be argued when you can install Windows on it as well? It's exactly the same as any normal PC laptop but it just comes with a different OS installed and you can install Windows to dual Windows and OSX, you can obviously even install a linux distro on it if you want. It's exactly the same as a PC so the point about doing less on a Mac would be compared to what exactly?

How can that be argued when you can install Windows on it as well? It's exactly the same as any normal PC laptop but it just comes with a different OS installed and you can install Windows to dual Windows and OSX, you can obviously even install a linux distro on it if you want. It's exactly the same as a PC so the point about doing less on a Mac would be compared to what exactly?
I didn't realize it ran an Intel chip. Nevermind then (still would never buy one though, heh).

MacBooks are so expensive for what you actually get that only fanboys and women buy them.

http://img292.imageshack.**/img292/442/laptopcomparison3my0.gif

^The huge price difference might have to do with the fact that the Acer has a slower, single-core processor. ;)

That, and Acer isn't exactly a quality brand.

^The huge price difference might have to do with the fact that the Acer has a slower, single-core processor. ;)

That, and Acer isn't exactly a quality brand.

It says x2 right below it. Even if it had the same processor it would still be ?400 cheaper. And Dell's cost about the same and their Laptops are some of the best.

MacBooks are so expensive for what you actually get that only fanboys and women buy them.

It might have to do with the Acer's lack of webcam, bluetooth, Gigabit Ethernet, a good processor, battery life, etc.

It says x2 right below it. Even if it had the same processor it would still be ?400 cheaper. And Dell's cost about the same and their Laptops are some of the best.

The MK-36 is a single core processor (here's the dual core page for reference), so that's either a dodgy site, or they made a typo somewhere.

I'm with you on the Dells, though. I love my XPS M1330! :D

Talk about loop sided comparisons. You may as well compare economy class of Jet Blue to business class of Singapore Airines.

If you value money over time & convenience then the Acer's tops.

Apple stopped selling that specific Macbook model years ago.

Lol, macbook quality... Don't make me laugh...

MacBooks are good, if you want a space heater..

Also, that comparison was.. What i could find, i agree it isn't perfect but even if you could find a Laptop with the exact same innards it would still be about half the price.

Apple hardware (iPods, Laptops, Desktops) Are a study in design which is what you pay for, not what's in them. (Case in point: Macbook Air)

Not to go more OT on the Mac stuff but...y'all started it. Let's take my personal Mac Pro as an example.

Mac Pro:
2.8 GHz Intel Quad Core Xeon
2 GB 800 ECC DDR RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT graphics with 256MB memory
320GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7200-rpm hard drive
16x double-layer DVD Writer

Cost: 2,299 (can be found cheaper at places like MacMall.com)

Optional 3 Year Warranty: $249

Total: $2548

Now let's compare...
Dell T5400 spec-ed out the same way(2.83 GHz Quad): $2674.00

HP xw6600 spec-ed as close as possible(2.83 GHz Quad): $2,969.00

Mac more expensive? Hmm, I don't think so. Keep in mind that I also run Windows XP on my Mac Pro so I pretty much bought a Mac and a PC for that $2,299 (didn't get the 3 year warranty).

You obviously live on another planet.

Macbook pro:
* 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
* 1680 x 1050 resolution
* 2GB memory
* 250GB hard drive
* 8x double-layer SuperDrive
* NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 512MB SDRAM
20.000kr ~ $4200

Dell Inspiron 1720:
*Intel? Core? T9300 2,50 GHz
*17" TFT 1440 x 900