The "New Toys" Thread

IMG_7657.jpg

mmmm Protection....

Where, and how much?

I pre-ordered, since it will be out in a few days.

Actually, I just canceled, because I totally forgot that I wanted to download this game from the store cause I'd like to avoid the UMD for a longer battery life. Yeah, I have my moments... :rolleyes:

I'm interested by this, does the PSP have a Store or do you need to access it via your PS3, download the game and then somehow copy it on your PSP?

You can do it directly from the PSN Store over wifi, or you can do it through your PS3.

Why would he take the GTs?

I got a new GTX laying around here, can't sell the damn thing

He bought a GTX 285 and had no use for the 8800s. Plus, ever since I bought a 24" monitor, the 8800GT was running out of steam too fast.

(snip)

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

(snip)

faff me in the face

i knew CPU coolers were getting big, but that is ridiculous! look at the size of it!

last time i built a new computer, the Zalman CNPS9000 or whatever was the king of the hill.... thick end of a kilo of copper with a 92mm fan. i thought that was hefty... but this!!! my word!

Picked up these two yesterday:

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/ic/icebone/2009/09/29/00893986-photo-volant-logitech-driving-force-gt.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/ic/icebone/2009/09/29/imagemate_all_in_one.jpg

Still struggling with the wheel in Shift, trying to get it to feel just right (the preset used I learned has to be the combined pedals, otherwise they behave digitally) but the card reader is sweet. Had some problems with other ones, none would work fast enough, but I transferred 4 gigs on and off the card to test it and it averaged at 27 MB/s. Recommended to anyone who needs a card reader.

^just how many versions of GT4 and GT5 P do you have now? :p

^just how many versions of GT4 and GT5 P do you have now? :p

Ermmmm.... :?

I just lost the count :lol: No really, I've got 2 GT4's (Press kit + original PAL version), one GT4 Prologue, 3 GT5 Prologues (PAL, NTSC-J and PAL press kit), this GT PSP and my ultra rare and limited edition Nike + GT shoes. Now I'm looking at mint original GT3's and GT3 concept.

DAMN, so jealous right now...

Don't be, I've got the game but due my "firmware" I can't test it yet. :(

Last edited:
Apparently someone came out with a 5.55 CFW beta, but it's more or less a fake (it installs, but it just changes version numbers around and doesn't pass the checks the game makes before launching).

Yeah, it happens pretty often with new firmware releases. Shouldn't take long for them to catch up (at least it hasn't in the past).