The "New Toys" Thread

Olie

Car(s)
Evo 8MR
i own 3 pairs for different application, i work in pro audio and live sound as an Audio Engineer (in laymen's terms ;) ) so ill tell you i have seen people kicked out of studios for using those BBD. The music stores are quick to sell them to you becuuse they think you would rather have "bling" than quality. The Beyer Dynamic 770's are available for usually around $200 (often less) and most consumer level music stores. They are, IMO, the best thing on the market followed a close second by a Sony studio set. Hope this helps you make a smarter choice! :), let me know if that helps
Just keep in mind that 770 Pro's require a little more "Oomph" due to their impedance, you really wont get their full capacity from consumer electronics (unless you are using a dedicated headphone amplifier.)

edit:
I see you can now get them in 80ohm as well as 250ohm. So make sure you get them in 80 not 250 if you decide to go down that path.

Last edited:

DubyaStep

Tampa, Florida but now in Casselberry for school
Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird
Just keep in mind that 770 Pro's require a little more "Oomph" due to their impedance, you really wont get their full capacity from consumer electronics (unless you are using a dedicated headphone amplifier.)

edit:
I see you can now get them in 80ohm as well as 250ohm. So make sure you get them in 80 not 250 if you decide to go down that path.
thanks for pointing that out, didnt even cross my mind.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
I actually saw my first ipad truly up close today. Its nice but pretty small...i'd need a larger screen IMO.
I always thought the opposite. I'd rather have it be smaller, as I'd be more likely to take it places.
I'm with NecroJoe on this one. My 10" tablet is just about the right size, any larger would be cumbersome. But it has a higher resolution screen so you get more "space" that way.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
You seem to have made a conflicting statement.
?

My tablet has a higher resolution screen than an iPad, ergo more content can fit on-screen. But it's physically the same size. If the screen was physically larger, it would be more cumbersome to handle (imo).

Jens

Car(s)
BMW 116d, W124 250D
Actually the iPad's screen is only 9.7" while I believe yours is 10.1"
So actually it is bigger on both accounts, albeit not by much :p

ZeDestructor

#gear, irc.finalgear.com, .mu, .earth, .???
Car(s)
1994 Toyota Tercel

edit:
thanks for pointing that out, didnt even cross my mind.
Google up "Chu Moy headphone amp". If you have any soldering knowledge at all, you can build your own headphone amp quite cheaply.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
After using multiple monitors at work on various systems that have between 2 and 4 monitors, its official...

I need this in my life when I have the space and a desktop computer. (where this makes the most sense)

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
After using multiple monitors at work on various systems that have between 2 and 4 monitors, its official...

I need this in my life when I have the space and a desktop computer. (where this makes the most sense)
Absolutely dude, multi-monitor set ups are definitely great for getting shit done, very easy to separate things properly.

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
You don't even need a desktop, just plug a screen into a laptop and configure it to use the built-in screen as well (what I am doing right now at work with a docking station).