The "New Toys" Thread

It's not yet arrived yet...but I bought the passenger train and a bunch of extra tracks from lego.com:

8910926_1.jpg

Along with the cargo train + tracks I already have, ought to be quite a setup once it's done :D

Pfft @ batteries. :p

Nothing like doing a burnout with the old 9V's. :lol: Or hell, if you stuck just the motor on the track (low center of gravity), that thing could fly.

^ That shit is tempting me too... I mean, you have like a million games (pirateable, like the true Pirate that I am...) and its small portable and looks good... I'm going to check the price on it now...

Right now there is a new Roomba 560 cleaning my apartment - for the first time alone with me @ work:?

just fits even perfectly under my couch...

^ Is that robot totally usable and effective in cleaning parquet and marble flooring? Can it really clean the floor as it should? We're thinking of getting one when my Granny decides to go back home and nobody's left to do the housework.

well - up to now it works quite well. but when I got home from work the dockingstation was empty: The Roomba trapped himself in another room by closing the door behind him... That room is really clean now :lol:

After I opened the door and gave the order to dock, he went nearly straight to his homebase and recharges there now.

With some few tweaks (attaching my speakercables to the back of the furniture, fix that door properly, get batteries for the lighthouses) it should be perfect.

Yesterday I got proof of the way it works - there must be a cat trapped inside: First thing it did after unpacking was to catch a mouse: I had the usb connector of an old Logitech dangling from the table which got catched by the robot which (who?) the mouse dragged the mouse thru my livingroom...

He?

/First hint of AI is when you start naming the machines or using human pronouns on them <_<

All electronics techs I've ever met personalize components when troubleshooting or explaining how a circuit works.

Well, being german helps - a robot is male in german language. But as it technicly is the same with computers, at least everything running windows earns the name "Mistst?ck". And some evil female has a special place in my heart - she's originally named "CATIA V5" (similar to the german girl's name "Katja")and originated in France. What could be worse than working with a somehow always frustrated ("no Galloises for software allowed for software, madmoiselle!") french [censored]? (Today she killed at least 1 hour of my precious work!!!!1111!)

:jawdrop: I didnt even know they had a special edition !!!

What's the 2nd DVD?

Just got a Black DS Lite

It's much much more fun than the PSP (For me anyway)

Brain training and Sims 2 are great!

Hey, congrats on the DS Lite! But I have to say, I tried the Sims and it was the worst game I've ever seen. On the DS, you're better off not buying titles that originally came out on other consoles... it really only shines in its own unique ways.

Also, do yourself a favour and get a modchip. It costs as much as a new game, but it has an SD card slot so you can just use those backups you have lying around, or the ones you may have accidentally downloaded to your PC after searching NDS on Google. ;)

Ooh, some must own games: New Super Mario Bros., Tetris DS, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Ultimate Mortal Kombat (port of MK3), NY Times Crosswords and Mario Kart DS. There's others like the surgery game (Trauma Centre) which are cool at first but get boring very fast.

Last edited:
^ The new wireless USB connector is pretty nifty.

Is that the new mouse that clips onto your laptop? To be honest, seems totally useless to me. Who doesn't carry their laptop in at least a small sleeve that you can put the mouse into?

Hey, congrats on the DS Lite! But I have to say, I tried the Sims and it was the worst game I've ever seen. On the DS, you're better off not buying titles that originally came out on other consoles... it really only shines in its own unique ways.

Also, do yourself a favour and get a modchip. It costs as much as a new game, but it has an SD card slot so you can just use those backups you have lying around, or the ones you may have accidentally downloaded to your PC after searching NDS on Google. ;)

Ooh, some must own games: New Super Mario Bros., Tetris DS, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Ultimate Mortal Kombat (port of MK3), NY Times Crosswords and Mario Kart DS. There's others like the surgery game (Trauma Centre) which are cool at first but get boring very fast.

Thanks for the advice. I for one, really like the sims on ths DS. For me however, Brain training is the must have game. I will look into mario cart :)

^ I might have tried the original Sims, don't quite remember. Maybe it's just that I'd seen the PC version of that game... CoD4 got decent reviews for DS but I thought it was shit since I was already playing it in 1080i on my computer.

Anyway, if you're interested in a modchip, check out the R4DS. That's the one I have... the only issue is sometimes I need to blow on to it or it won't boot up. Ah, good old-fashioned game carts.

^ What about your chip? Why'd you sell it?

I sold my Wii last week because I never played it and I got some good cash for it. DSL + 2 games is what, $150?

Samsung U900 :cool::love:

samsung_u900_soul_3.jpg

:jawdrop: I didnt even know they had a special edition !!!

What's the 2nd DVD?

The 2nd DVD has all the press material (Hi-def pics, text, info, videos, logos, staff pics, polyphony studio pics, car pics etc). That's because this special edition was only sent to game magazines and all the car companies involved in the game.

Initially this limited edition couldn't be bought back in the day, but ebay is soooo great... :D