The "New Toys" Thread

Well you are saving a crap load of money by doing that, so it appears your the smarter one (may not be as happy as me though :p).

Also why does everyone hate on GT5: P? Its almost a complete game for me, might be due to the fact I only play online games anymore... <_< Missing the best track ever!

...and yes I am out of my mind, I hate that look of the car's weight moving around in GT4, makes me wanna... :sick:

Oh don't get me wrong, I love it, but right now it's lacking tracks and cars !

se-c902-00.jpg

My first SE, and my first non-Nokia phone in about six or seven years. Just had enough of how slow their range has become, absolutely delighted so far with the C902's performance !

I bought a new XBOX360 Elite. This is my second 360, the first is in for repairs again. It came back from repairs on August 26th then died on the 28th! I wouldn't have bought it, but with a bit over $1500 invested, a 360 to play it all on is really nice.

Nokia 6300:

http://img502.imageshack.**/img502/1930/dsc03937to4.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.**/img205/9611/dsc03938nb8.jpg

Not the most high-specced phone around, nor is it the newest phone around but it does what i want from a phone; call, text, play music, and has a radio :D

I liked the phone so well, I included it in one of my photoshoots
Maybe NSFW

sweet :)

I have that phone as well and like it a lot. It has this fantastic quality feel to it, thanks to the sleek profile, brilliant screen and steel body parts. Camera could really use a flash though :/

Cowon iAudio 7, 16GB

First impressions:
1, I love it!!
2, I was stunned when I saw how small it was, for some reason I thought it was much bigger!
3, The sound is amazing!
4, I love the one-click record from radio option, excellent when you hear a song you like that you don't already have!
5, I feel even more sorry for ipod users now that I have experienced the Cowon....

f_ePICT5144m_62011eb.jpg
Welcome, brother! :p

1TB MyBook, not cheap here though D:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2008/09/10/PICT0033.jpg

Also got this very old now discontinued set:

51QTPJ0Z77L._SS400_.jpg

THIS is the set I saved my money for as a kid, and when I did finally have enough to buy it, they discontinued it. Im still trying to find a set that is under $250 to satisfy my childish desire.

UPDATE: LG-VX9700

This phone started off great, but now the novelty has dissapeared. This phone has a terrible speakerphone compared to many others I have had. It also feezes up (I think that is a Verizon or LG problem lately) and won't load my music. On the plus side it does have a great camera and the web browser isn't too bad.

THIS is the set I saved my money for as a kid, and when I did finally have enough to buy it, they discontinued it. Im still trying to find a set that is under $250 to satisfy my childish desire.

It's all over ebay, but still quite expensive though.

Just got mah replacement Zune 80 after 3 months!!! Pics later.

UPDATE: LG-VX9700

This phone started off great, but now the novelty has dissapeared. This phone has a terrible speakerphone compared to many others I have had. It also feezes up (I think that is a Verizon or LG problem lately) and won't load my music. On the plus side it does have a great camera and the web browser isn't too bad.

Mine has been freezing every now and then as well. I have to say I am the opposite of you though, I really disliked the phone when I first got it, but now that I have gotten comfortable with the keyboard and its different functions it really isn't all that bad.

Mine has been freezing every now and then as well. I have to say I am the opposite of you though, I really disliked the phone when I first got it, but now that I have gotten comfortable with the keyboard and its different functions it really isn't all that bad.

I think the reason I hate the touch screen is due to my huge fingers.

PROS:
Great camera features and quality.
Not a bad browser.
The display looks amazing.
Extra battery is available.
Real 3.5mm headset.
Battery life is better than expected for a large touch screen.
Scrolling is good, after getting used to.

CONS:
No streaming of music.
Laggy music player.
Music interface tries to be a Ipod copy-cat without the ease of use.
Drag n' drop "desktop" is useless, unless I haven't done it properly.
Bad for anyone with large fingers.
Hard to text and drive.... (I would never!)
Camera button is used for too many things (like switching between video mode; image trying to take a photo and it switches to video).

Prost264, add your own review so others have two opinions.

1TB MyBook, not cheap here though D:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2008/09/10/PICT0033.jpg

Is that the home edition or the essential?

I have the wireless mighty mouse and I kinda regret it, it's nice for normal work, but the i noticed a few issues with it.

• it's too flat flat for me
  • you can't right click with your left finger on the left button
  • the mouse ball is too sensitive with games using the mouse wheel

i have the wireless mighty mouse,

i agree that its too flat, after a while my hand feels like its been crippled. but i find right clicking rather easy, even with my other finger resting on the mouse, it is a bit temperamental at times but 95% of the time it works like a charm.

the mouse ball, isnt too sensitive, its just too damn small.....and too far back for my long fingers to keep reaching back for. plus it gets full of crap and stops working regularly.

im looking to replace if i can find a nice BT mouse..... with only 2 USB ports on the MBP i dont want a RF dongle.

Just got this with my scholarship [there way of saying sorry for not mailing the letter in July when I got it.. haha]

ipod-touch-21.jpg

Just the 8GB first gen one but hey, for free and a 3600 dollar scholarship I'm more than happy to accept it :D

Me? Hell no. It's replacing my iPod Nano 2GB [second gen or whatever the one with the shiny back is] that has a terrible battery in it.

But speaking of the iTouch, any app's anyone suggests? The free'er the better