The "New Toys" Thread

Is there some way to disable GPRS/data?

Vinyl geeks? You guys should just be happy that the marketing dept. is willing to charge you extra.:p

To be honest I'm not very impressed with the set. It's a good enough pressing to be background music, but not good enough to sit and listen to. I'll just have to collect a set of original pressings :rolleyes:

*hides his gold-record certification (it's since gone 8x platinum in the US alone) stickered copy of Led Zepplin 1*

Is there some way to disable GPRS/data?

You can delete your data settings and it will no longer be able to connect... alternatively, you can temporarily disable it with a program like this.

*hides his gold-record certification (it's since gone 8x platinum in the US alone) stickered copy of Led Zeppelin 1*

:threadnopics:

I've had the opportunity to buy more than a couple gold/platinum certifications, but they weren't of anything that I had to have. Something like that, I'd have.

You can delete your data settings and it will no longer be able to connect... alternatively, you can temporarily disable it with a program like this.

Hmm, just installed it, but it doesn't seem to run....

Hmm, just installed it, but it doesn't seem to run....

Maybe you installed to the wrong place? Some programs only run from the device, some only from storage card... it's the former probably.

^ Just delete the connections then... I never bothered to input my network's settings so it just tries to connect once and gives up.

Hmm, I don't think I installed the data settings, so I should be cool.

I'm just hugely paranoid since data is fucken expensive here.

Not really toys but...

Not really toys but...

I wounder what kind of tools I buy.... hmm?

Last edited:
Okay, so the other day my Samsung T10 (apart from it turning itself off every now and then) has decided, once again, to wipe away ALL of the ID3 tags, so every song is now "Unknown". I decided it wasn't useable, and started looking on other music players. I was looking specifically on the Creative Zen and the E-series Sony Walkman, but then I thought about it, and came to a conclusion that I don't need that gadgetry with pictures/video etc. So I went and bought myself a 4GB Sandisk Sansa Clip:
sansa-clip-silver-4gb-1.jpg

The whole thing's just a bit larger than the Samsung's screen, but it's much sturdier and actually quite cutesy-ish. :p

I also got myself a nice four-sided clock, that changes its display when rolled aside:
Files%5Cupimg2%5CMember_482212.jpg

Last edited:
^Clip FTW.

But IMO you should have spent the few bucks extra and got yourself for the 8GB one. ;-)

Two reasons why I got the 4GB, it has that nice metallic silver colour that I like and isn't available on other versions, and I don't need 8GB because I have just over a quarter of that worth of music. ;)

^Clip FTW.

But IMO you should have spent the few bucks extra and got yourself for the 8GB one. ;-)

8GB Clip = WIN.

I love mine.

Yeah, I wish mine was 8GB. Then again, I am sending my 4GB in for an RMA, so maybe I can get them to upgrade it for me, seeing as how this is the second return in less than 3 months.

I do hope that SanDisc will update the Clip in the near future. I'd happily spend >100$ on a 16GB version with MicroSD slot, 30+ hours of battery life and roughly the same form factor.

HEAR ME SANDISK? DO IT!

I like to think that if I write boldly enough somebody will hear me.