The "New Toys" Thread

So it seems I just won a pair of STAX headphones over at head-fi:

Now though, I need to save up some money for an energizer.

Holy crap, awesome! Really gonna need that energizer though. :lol:

I have one of those as well (not actually mine, just borrowed for a long long time), a great headphone. Congrats! :)

My mom wanted me to buy one of these, as she doesn't want to turn manually all the devices connected to her pc on.

03102009174_pien.jpg

Its "A master slave Powerboard with surge protection", so when master device (the pc) is turned on, all the periphelias are turned on (or off when the pc is turned off).

03102009176_pien.jpg

Here's its outside the box, Lowest socket (blue) is master others are slaves.

03102009179_pien.jpg

The power level, when the other devices are turned on, can be adjusted (must do, but with moms pc its not really needed as its lowend pc) so the devices aren't on all the time.

2 year warranty and cost 11,90 eur, not bad for a device that is "green".

ps. i had the devices connected to various ups-sockets, but with this i need to put them 1 ups (battery powered) socket.
So now i have 4 ups-sockets and 2 powerboard sockets free :D

Seems like a good idea. No sense having the printers and scanner all drawing power then the PC is off...even with the other items turned "off" they are still in standby, eating power. Speakers would just come on with the PC, too, which would be handy.

Would the monitor settings get re-set? I suppose that's the one peripheral that could stay on a non-controlled plug.

My guitar amp is set up like that. The amplifier head has a slave plug I use for my pedal board. Works out nice.

Last edited:
Those master-slave things are great, I'm using two of them (with built-in surge protection) to power all of my hardware, slaved to the laptop and homeserver PC. Much easier than having to power everything on/off manually.

I just waste electricity - easiest of all.

Seems like a good idea. No sense having the printers and scanner all drawing power then the PC is off...even with the other items turned "off" they are still in standby, eating power. Speakers would just come on with the PC, too, which would be handy.

Yes it is very handy to cut the power to printer, screen and speakers

Would the monitor settings get re-set? I suppose that's the one peripheral that could stay on a non-controlled plug.

i did some testing when i put it there, none of the settings were missing, thou i'll try tomorrow more and then we know more.

My guitar amp is set up like that. The amplifier head has a slave plug I use for my pedal board. Works out nice.

"Green music" eh :mrgreen:

Those master-slave things are great, I'm using two of them (with built-in surge protection) to power all of my hardware, slaved to the laptop and homeserver PC. Much easier than having to power everything on/off manually.

I wish there could be more places to put them here, but i noticed that nearly all other devices are 1 at the time on (besides when tv + dvb-t is on).

I just waste electricity - easiest of all.

:D well i have 16 other devices that waste electricity, like dvb-t "tivo" 16w in "off-mode".

That may be. I was just trying to figure out why there may be two drives, rather than one. We didn't know the specs of the drives...they might be higher-end and therefore might have been cheaper to give two smaller ones rather than one big one. *shrugs*
I'm thinking maybe the vendor decided to do the computer that way to get rid of drives that may soon be "too small" to sell.

@viilaaja@pt cruiser

That's a brilliant power strip!

Went to pick up my new prescription specs today. They is nice!

EDIT:

old and busted vs new hotness:
:snip:

New glasses look good and I can always appreciate a good "Men in Black" quote.:D

33490659-2-440-ANGL-2.jpg

Samsung LA40B750 =D. I'm waiting for my Xbox to come back so I can jizz in my pants over the quality. It's also great for watching stuff on my computer without a USB, I just plug in the dongle and setup up some crap and I was watching stuff straight away. I <3 this TV. Although, I do want regular internet on it.

I haz a new sofa. Dog was added for scale.

Attachments

• PA051076.JPG
    PA051076.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 61
  • PA051078.JPG
    PA051078.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 68
Wait, we can post sofas?
I just got a new one as well. And a new kitchen table + bank + chairs...