The "New Toys" Thread

you could always try batteryeater to get nicer results :eek:

ps. my 95Wh battery on this laptop (after 3 years, some widget indicates 53Wh) does 2hour 40mins :D

Last edited:
Just got this in the mail yesterday w/ free Dirt3 game, woot!

xfx_6950xxx_preview.jpg

XFX HD 6950 2GB

Last edited:
I never post here when i get stuff so i figure ill start

14668.png

Logitech Harmony Universal Remote. Link: Product Page

Its nice, lets you program your favorites directly into thier own custom buttons on the touch screen complete with logo's that you can upload onto the device. so, my screen looks nice. So far its cool but a bit of a pain to program. Dont know if ill keep it yet as i was at Infocomm today and was looking at a bunch of very cool stuff to play with instead of this! lol.

Last edited:
A base station running iOS could be interesting, as long as it can be jailbroken :-d

Tape an iPod Touch to the side of the router! Tada! iOS router!....it's like fucking HP deciding "zomg WebOS for Printers! it's gonna be great?"

Maybe i'm not a dreamer...but why would I want iOS on my router....not hating, honest. Just curious?

Printers with webOS is cool, what I really scratched my head at was the HP printer with attached Android tablet - this is back when the original Galaxy Tab was the only real Android tablet too.

hp-estation.jpg

Maybe i'm not a dreamer...but why would I want iOS on my router....not hating, honest. Just curious?

Well, I wouldn't necessarily expect it to have a display (actually, knowing Apple there wouldn't be one anyway), but running a full OS like iOS would allow to use stuff like bittorrent, video streaming servers, etc. like you can right now with routers running Linux for instance. It's especially interesting with the Time Capsule as you would be able to make good use of the storage inside it.

Gots me a netbook. E-350 based MSI U270:

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/ch/chaos386/2011/06/16/u270.JPG

The screen resolution is crap (1024x600), but it was 1500 riyals ($400/283?), the Brazos APU is great for playing old games, and it's the only netbook on sale here that comes with Win7 Home basic instead of Starter. :)

Now to see if I have an external DVD-ROM drive around here somewhere so I can install some of said old games...

E yay MSI Wind! So underrated but very nice netbooks, I have the first Wind myself...iirc...it was the first 10'1 inch netbook.

Finally got a decent set of over the ear headphones for travelling, sound is really quite incredible. Sales guy also gave me an added two year warranty on top of the standard two year warranty FOC

beats_family.jpg
You know, I was going to make fun of you for getting headphones that I think are overpriced compared to their performance but then I realized that I have a MacBook :p

15?? They look like the MM50 Sennheisers (headset) I had until one cord broke 2 weeks ago...
I guess I don't need a the headset a lot, but it would be nice to have. Anybody got recommendations? iPhone compatible, please.

They're actually the same thing, just rebranded. I've had a couple pairs myself and they are great, especially for the price, but they're just not up to the abuse they get while I use them at work.

You know, I was going to make fun of you for getting headphones that I think are overpriced compared to their performance but then I realized that I have a MacBook :p

ill do it then but i dont mind advising!

Finally got a decent set of over the ear headphones for travelling, sound is really quite incredible. Sales guy also gave me an added two year warranty on top of the standard two year warranty FOC

beats_family.jpg

that all they are is "decent". If you want true sound in a over ear that will provide great blocking ill suggest, if you dont mind spending a little more then get these. Just please take those back, i cringe when i see people with those, your are missing so much. Every time someone buys those a kitten dies so consider these:
dt770pro_cd_3c_1.jpg

i own 3 pairs for different application, i work in pro audio and live sound as an Audio Engineer (in laymen's terms ;) ) so ill tell you i have seen people kicked out of studios for using those BBD. The music stores are quick to sell them to you becuuse they think you would rather have "bling" than quality. The Beyer Dynamic 770's are available for usually around $200 (often less) and most consumer level music stores. They are, IMO, the best thing on the market followed a close second by a Sony studio set. Hope this helps you make a smarter choice! :), let me know if that helps

Posting this from me new iPad 2. So far so good.

Comparing the thing to my moms iPad 1, I really like the weight reduction. Camera is also good, would be even better if Skype finally made an iPad version of their app, iPhone version works but video quality is not what it could be with this screen. Keyboard is surprisingly good, as I'm noticing right now :)

Posting this from me new iPad 2. So far so good.

Comparing the thing to my moms iPad 1, I really like the weight reduction. Camera is also good, would be even better if Skype finally made an iPad version of their app, iPhone version works but video quality is not what it could be with this screen. Keyboard is surprisingly good, as I'm noticing right now :)

I actually saw my first ipad truly up close today. Its nice but pretty small...i'd need a larger screen IMO.

I always thought the opposite. I'd rather have it be smaller, as I'd be more likely to take it places.