The "New Toys" Thread

I always thought the opposite. I'd rather have it be smaller, as I'd be more likely to take it places.

Apple must be thinking that there isn't any room between the iPhone/iPod Touch and the iPad.

i own 3 pairs for different application, i work in pro audio and live sound as an Audio Engineer (in laymen's terms ;) ) so ill tell you i have seen people kicked out of studios for using those BBD. The music stores are quick to sell them to you becuuse they think you would rather have "bling" than quality. The Beyer Dynamic 770's are available for usually around $200 (often less) and most consumer level music stores. They are, IMO, the best thing on the market followed a close second by a Sony studio set. Hope this helps you make a smarter choice! :), let me know if that helps

Just keep in mind that 770 Pro's require a little more "Oomph" due to their impedance, you really wont get their full capacity from consumer electronics (unless you are using a dedicated headphone amplifier.)

edit:
I see you can now get them in 80ohm as well as 250ohm. So make sure you get them in 80 not 250 if you decide to go down that path.

Last edited:
Just keep in mind that 770 Pro's require a little more "Oomph" due to their impedance, you really wont get their full capacity from consumer electronics (unless you are using a dedicated headphone amplifier.)

edit:
I see you can now get them in 80ohm as well as 250ohm. So make sure you get them in 80 not 250 if you decide to go down that path.

thanks for pointing that out, didnt even cross my mind.

I actually saw my first ipad truly up close today. Its nice but pretty small...i'd need a larger screen IMO.

I always thought the opposite. I'd rather have it be smaller, as I'd be more likely to take it places.

I'm with NecroJoe on this one. My 10" tablet is just about the right size, any larger would be cumbersome. But it has a higher resolution screen so you get more "space" that way.

You seem to have made a conflicting statement.

You seem to have made a conflicting statement.

?

My tablet has a higher resolution screen than an iPad, ergo more content can fit on-screen. But it's physically the same size. If the screen was physically larger, it would be more cumbersome to handle (imo).

Actually the iPad's screen is only 9.7" while I believe yours is 10.1"
So actually it is bigger on both accounts, albeit not by much :p

edit:

thanks for pointing that out, didnt even cross my mind.

Google up "Chu Moy headphone amp". If you have any soldering knowledge at all, you can build your own headphone amp quite cheaply.

I... couldn't resist.

24-236-112-TS

$159 for a IPS-panel, 24".

I now have 3 montiors.

Also a 1.5TB WD Green.

22-136-513-TS

More storage.

After using multiple monitors at work on various systems that have between 2 and 4 monitors, its official...

I need this in my life when I have the space and a desktop computer. (where this makes the most sense)

After using multiple monitors at work on various systems that have between 2 and 4 monitors, its official...

I need this in my life when I have the space and a desktop computer. (where this makes the most sense)
Absolutely dude, multi-monitor set ups are definitely great for getting shit done, very easy to separate things properly.

You don't even need a desktop, just plug a screen into a laptop and configure it to use the built-in screen as well (what I am doing right now at work with a docking station).

Absolutely dude, multi-monitor set ups are definitely great for getting shit done, very easy to separate things properly.

Absolutely, but I'm not really sure where I'm going to put this 24". My desk is already pretty full.

One above the other? Might require some custom stands to be made.

Not a terrible idea given what I am going to use the third monitor for (triple-boxing EVE Online), but I think if I put my speaker in the right spot I can put my 22 ontop of my speaker, then my 25 and 24 on my desk.