The "New Toys" Thread

The only way I would try Eve again is if I had at least three monitors. Also, if the fps version comes to fruition, I will volunteer to fight in your army.

The only way I would try Eve again is if I had at least three monitors. Also, if the fps version comes to fruition, I will volunteer to fight in your army.

It's really really good when you have a good group of people to keep you entertained while the game is being boring :)

F3204629.jpg

Acer 21.5 inch 1920x1080 monitor, Sandy Bridge Core i3 2100, Radeon 6570, 4 GB of RAM, 500 GB Barracuda, and a DVD burner. All I need now is my case and mobo to arrive.

Google up "Chu Moy headphone amp". If you have any soldering knowledge at all, you can build your own headphone amp quite cheaply.

Thanx but ill just keep using the Yamaha M7CL-48ES, the SC-48, D-Show with sidecar, the Amek 9098i, ect... ;)

people....

I'm currently interested in a tablet PC since they are the shiznit
I don't however like 500? pricetags like the Samsung tablet, and I'm straight, so the iPad is not an option
Are the 200-300? alternatives really "almost as good"?

Looking for a 7-10" model with wifi (don't need 3G), a nice fast interface for browsing and a good screen
USB ports are handy but not a must, a good battery life however, is, and I do like Android as an OS.

Is the Creative Ziio any good?

Any thoughts on Archos? Don't know the brand...

thanks in advance

Last edited:
people....

I don't however like 500? pricetags like the Samsung tablet, and I'm straight, so the iPad is not an option

Looking for a 7-10" model with wifi (don't need 3G), a nice fast interface for browsing and a good screen
USB ports are handy but not a must, a good battery life however, is, and I do like Android as an OS.

thanks in advance

I believe this is what you are looking for :D

And for availability, I gave that shop a call yesterday (it's where I get all my stuff, great prices and even better customer service) and they told me they'd be in stock by the end of next week (I'm going for the one with the keyboard dock).

You really can't go with anything else if you want a good Honeycomb tablet experience IMO.. And having played with the both (much) more expensive iPad 2 and Glaxaxy Tab 10.1 it's even an absolute bargain if you ask me!

Some pro's:
- Battery life of 9,5h
- IPS display
- Supports SD Cards
- Tegra 2 chip
- Honeycomb (unlike those other tablets)

Last edited:
people....

thanks in advance

No they are not, get a proper android one or an ipad2.

Get a proper triple screen VESA mount. There are a few.

I totally might just make my own. That'd be sweet. THe big problem with this is that my 3 monitors are all different sizes and brands.

Also it's out for delivery. I'm excited :)

I believe this is what you are looking for :D

And for availability, I gave that shop a call yesterday (it's where I get all my stuff, great prices and even better customer service) and they told me they'd be in stock by the end of next week (I'm going for the one with the keyboard dock).

You really can't go with anything else if you want a good Honeycomb tablet experience IMO.. And having played with the both (much) more expensive iPad 2 and Glaxaxy Tab 10.1 it's even an absolute bargain if you ask me!

Some pro's:
- Battery life of 9,5h
- IPS display
- Supports SD Cards
- Tegra 2 chip
- Honeycomb (unlike those other tablets)

hmmm.... sounds like what I need, but I can afford to wait until the price drops until the 300? sweet spot :)

hmmm.... sounds like what I need, but I can afford to wait until the price drops until the 300? sweet spot :)

With the high demand and low production capacity I really can't see the prices coming down untill they actually release their next tablet, which could be next year. They've also priced it pretty sharp with not much room to go down, they don't even have any competition at that price range. Just saying ;)

With the high demand and low production capacity I really can't see the prices coming down untill they actually release their next tablet, which could be next year. They've also priced it pretty sharp with not much room to go down, they don't even have any competition at that price range. Just saying ;)

no problem.... I can wait.... (Xmas present perhaps)
I have found some tablets, even 10" ones for prices as low as 150?, but they don't all have Android or have crappy battery life

no problem.... I can wait.... (Xmas present perhaps)
I have found some tablets, even 10" ones for prices as low as 150?, but they don't all have Android or have crappy battery life

Or something like this.

What's the plan for them?

I'm thinking of getting a new Macbook Pro, could I output to my two monitors with it?

Plan is to connect my gamingrig (in livingroom) to the 40" samsung tv so mom could watch dvd's, but i'm not ruling out of playing some games with the big tv.
There is slight problem too, when i connect the cable, my puny 19" screen goes black and the tv is dedicated to monitor 1 :eek:

the adpater is for the gtx460 that has minihdmi and my case doesn't have enought space for the adapter that came with the card, but that fits perfectly.

torx is for opening broken things so i can brake them more :D

edit! For the mac, i dunno. If the gpu has 3monitor support then yes, otherwise only 1+laptops screen. :p
edit2! ... or 2 screens but not the laptops own (if it has 2 connectors OR displayport that supports 1 cord for multiple monitors).

Last edited:
Or something like this.

Honestly, for the price, how bad can it be? It should be reasonably responsive per the specs and could be handy as a little internet pad for the living room or something. My dad is looking for such a device....