The "New Toys" Thread

America > Euros :p

vf1000h.jpg

Just ordered one of these babies :)

I'm poor and in college, this is a 2.0ghz refurb ($849!). I can't see spending another $150 for a .1 ghz bump in the processor. Next stop, more memory!

Just got the zoom and flash, the rest I got in january, so it's still new-ish

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/05/DSC0971.JPG

I'm poor and in college, this is a 2.0ghz refurb ($849!). I can't see spending another $150 for a .1 ghz bump in the processor. Next stop, more memory!
Are you going to order off of newegg? If so, drop me a line, I need to upgrade memory too :(

Glad you got it ;)

Nice mgkdk!

^ :lol: thanks, it actually came a day early

I probably wont go through newegg, they have some attractive prices but last time I had ordered a network bridge from them, it didn't work, and they charged me a ridiculous amount to return it.

Now I just need to figure out if I want to go 2gb or 4gb.

Busy month:

Samsung 32" LCD TV 7,000:1 contrast ratio
NewTV.jpg

Yes, that are rabbit ears. Shut up. :p

Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray player
Blu-Rayplayer.jpg

CNet's highest rated stand-alone player. On sale for $449 at Best Buy (lowest price on froogle {where it's in stock} is $442) plus, you can pick two <$35 Blu-Ray movies on your way to the register for free, no rebate.

I know this is more for "tech" toys, but it has an LCD screen, speakers and cost more than my TV, so I'm posting it.
NordicTrack Eliptical Audiostrider 990
Eliptical.jpg

What's wrong with rabbit ears? Can't you pick up free OTA HD signals in the US with any antenna?

Here, for the most part, you need to buy a set-top box for HDTV and most people think of HDTV as a premium service you need to pay so much more for. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with rabbit ears? Can't you pick up free OTA HD signals in the US with any antenna?

Here, for the most part, you need to buy a set-top box for HDTV and most people think of HDTV as a premium service you need to pay so much more for. :rolleyes:

Yes you can. With a standard TV, you need to buy a set-top box. This tv had a built-in digital tuner.

That said, people always say "You spent $800 on a TV, and you don't even have cable?"

I've never had cable, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything (especially the $60 a month bill). When something good comes out, I hear about it, and download it. :p But, yeah. I do have about 20 digital channels, about 10 of those are HD, and about 7 of those are in english. :p

NecroJoe :

you need a new camera phone.

and im not gonna bother with iphone anymore... rather wait for the Gphone to come out and get that instead.

TVs that have a QAM tuner can pickup OTA HD signals and even though most LCDs being sold here have them, you only get CBC over the air and even then you need a clear line of sight to the trasmitter.

I'm moving out in a few weeks and I've been contemplating my living expenses and I just can't see myself spending hundreds on an STB and then paying some $70 for full cable. I might have to do that though if I can't get any OTA channels where I'm moving... downloading HD rips is such a bitch.

Yes you can. With a standard TV, you need to buy a set-top box. This tv had a built-in digital tuner.

That said, people always say "You spent $800 on a TV, and you don't even have cable?"

I've never had cable, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything (especially the $60 a month bill). When something good comes out, I hear about it, and download it. :p But, yeah. I do have about 20 digital channels, about 10 of those are HD, and about 7 of those are in english. :p

Neither am I. I bought an iPhone for someone as a gift and I got to play around with it for a few hours and as I suspected it's very gimmicky. It's missing a lot of phone and connectivity features or it's very hard to get to them, and it's not that great for multimedia considering you need to convert them to MP4.

and im not gonna bother with iphone anymore... rather wait for the Gphone to come out and get that instead.

NecroJoe :you need a new camera phone.

Eh...it's just cuz I live in the dark. It takes great pictures outside. Heck, the Blu-Ray player photo, I even used it's flash! (Sony w810i)

But, it's alright for what I use it for...
DSC00349.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00345.jpg

TVs that have a QAM tuner can pickup OTA HD signals and even though most LCDs being sold here have them, you only get CBC over the air and even then you need a clear line of sight to the trasmitter.

I'm moving out in a few weeks and I've been contemplating my living expenses and I just can't see myself spending hundreds on an STB and then paying some $70 for full cable. I might have to do that though if I can't get any OTA channels where I'm moving... downloading HD rips is such a bitch.

Neither am I. I bought an iPhone for someone as a gift and I got to play around with it for a few hours and as I suspected it's very gimmicky. It's missing a lot of phone and connectivity features or it's very hard to get to them, and it's not that great for multimedia considering you need to convert them to MP4.
We get a few SD Canadian channels down here :D Back when I was a kid, Global(?), and CBC were great ways to watch all the good American shows on two channels without having all the shows overlap each others time slot.

You gifted an iPhone? Where do I sign up to be your friend ;)

^ We get a lot of Seattle stations... I think most towns in both US and Canada on the border get a lot of the same stuff. I think we get about 10 Washington stations and some weird ones like TBS/Peachtree from Atlanta. It's nice having the option to watch either country's channels... the OC used to air here on Mondays compared to Thursdays in the US so the rips were always up early from Global.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/06/Image014.jpg

'Scuse the crappy phone pic, couldn't be bothered using the camera.

My new baby, got her today:)