The newly redesigned 2008 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG

Lilleput

Car(s)
Ford S-Max Titanium - 268hp
a2gp5copytppodtly0.jpg

a5eo1copyrq8xe8.jpg

08_mb_c63_340.jpg

The deep front air dam and big air intakes on this 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class are sure signs there's no ordinary V6 under the hood. This is a test mule of the high-performance 2008 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. Caught testing on Germany's infamous N?rburgring, it's Mercedes' answer to the 2007 Audi RS4, which is already on sale, and the V8-powered 2008 BMW M3, which is still in the hopper.

Mercedes has been stuffing its new 507-horsepower 6.2-liter V8 into everything. We've already seen the CLK63, the E63, the S63, the CLS63, the R63 and the ML63. Now the smallest sedan in the company's lineup will get the 6,208cc four-valve DOHC V8. Official output is 507 hp at 6,800 rpm and 465 pound-feet of torque at 5,200 rpm in most applications, but in the CLK63 and the C63 the new V8 produces 475 hp at 6,800 rpm, and 465 lb-ft of torque at 5,000 rpm, which is a 30-percent and 24-percent increase over the 2006 C55's 5.4-liter output.

That power will be sent to the C63's rear wheels with the company's now ubiquitous 7-speed automatic transmission. This prototype wears a set of mismatched 18-inch wheels, which are no doubt bolted to the same fade-resistant composite-construction front brake discs we sampled on the 2007 CLK63.

Even with those mismatched wheels and massive amounts of camouflage, we already like the way this new C-Class looks. Up front it's clear the 2008 C-Class will adopt the styling of the 2007 S-Class by tossing its oval headlights in favor of more rectangular-shaped housings. The grille stretches wider across the front with a narrower, lower air intake than the current model. More prominent side mirrors are also an obvious change. In back, the production taillights will also have a shape similar to the S-Class, and those quad pipes are hard to miss.

Look for the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class to make its debut at the Paris auto show in September with U.S. sales starting next spring. The C63 won't be far behind.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/d...rticleId=116250

The first two pictures are just impressionist Photoshops but the final product is supposed to look very similar.

The new C has grown on me a little bit but I still think it's hideous. I dunno, maybe it's just me because Mercs and Bimmers seem to be getting uglier and uglier.

The side shot reminds me of a current Mitsubishi EVO... the back is a more squished, uglier version of the new CL. The front isn't bad... looks depressed like the 3/6-Series BMWs.

I'll take the Lexus IS-F thanks. Anyone else thinks this car looks a bit boring?

The new C has been growing on me - I don't think it's so boring any more. And all that motor in a car that size can't be a bad thing. The looks are spot on (even though it's just an impression) - subtle and classy, it doesn't need to be shouty.

:barf::barf::barf:

That is a disgrace to the Mercedes name. It looks like a Cadillac screwed a Nissan after getting shit-faced and produced a Downs Syndrome FAS bastard child.

I sure hope they didn't hire bangle's brother. Looks quite retarted IMHO and I know Mercedes-Benz could have done ALOT better.

I guess there is something wrong with me then, because I like the looks of the new C-class alot. And the AMG version, the artist's impressions at least look soooooooo good.

The lines of the new C-class remind me of the mercs in the early -90's, more box shaped and especially the headlamps look like that, very square looking.

Want one. Truely want one. Furthermore unlike the current 3-series this has got looks wether think it's ugly or not, at least it raises discussion and emotions flare. The 3-series for example just looks boring and does nothing. This is a car you will notice.

And the AMG.....omg...engine like that in a C-class sized car. Very, very nice.

507hp in a small Merc sedan - I approve.

it will definately not be 507 hp, as much as many of us want it to be...it will outclass the E63 by alot. I think the engine will be restrained to about 450-460hp max, they dont want to eat into E63 sales, which already competes with the CLS63...merc doesnt need 3 very different sedans with the same engine in different price ranges