The Nürburgring thread

Last time I was in southern Germany, near Ulm, I saw a newer Dodge ram with pushbar and a late 90s Chevy pickup. The chevy stood out more than the Dodge weirdly. Ever since the Ram trunks came out it's always been a big and in your face type of style.

Here in Sweden the Challengers are rather popular among the crowd that wants muscle cars. In the summer time I see them fairly often. But I see more Mustangs and maybe an equal number of Camaros of the two last generations.

It's amazing, isn't it?

What's dumb though is was J?rgen Alzen did in the Ford GT somewhere in the video, overtaking the Z4 Coupe on the left hand side outside. Maybe he wanted to experience what his brother already did in the Z4 some time ago, seeing how it is to fly into the woods in a GT3 car.

It moght not look like it, but this is quite a fantastic laptime for a ship.

Guy in a rental MX-5 (he even says "thank you Enterprise" in the video description) on the Nordschleife in light rain, ESP switched off. And he pulls in just above 9:40 BTG.

It sure is fun to see the track map in the sat nav directly in the middle of the video. Quite a good lap!

Really suprised he takes a normal rental car on the track though, and even dares to switch ESP off.

But he should learn to shift. 3:35

I thought rental cars weren't allowed?

Someone's got a lifetime ban from Enterprise now! Oops.

(And/or possibly anyone Enterprise shares that tidbit with, if the rumor is correct. I should snopes.com this someday.)

The new F80 is ridiculously fast even in stock trim

:blink:

Happiest passenger ever!

I didn't travel as far and my first lap was in a Saab, but I understand the feeling of amazement, that "HOLY FUCKING SHIT! IT'S THE NORDSCHLEIFE! FINALLY!" feeling :D

Via BridgeToGantry: Someone took a laser speed gun to Schwedenkreuz.

Regarding the speeds, I am not too impressed because I know how fast I am going there (in the same ballpark as most of the slower ones shown in the video). But this video also shows what these laser guns can do in terms of distance. I am quite sure the police has guidelines for them that were not followed in the creation of this video, but damn...