The Nürburgring thread

6.47,3 - daddy is back.

Ferrari will have something that will crush it in a year, on and on we'll go... :zzz:

The reason why human civilisation is at the point where it is, is because we pushed each other and not because we one day stopped doing so. :p

Until the day an Aston Martin Valkyrie or an AMG Project One will fly over the guard rails and mow some trees down ...

The reason why human civilisation is at the point where it is, is because we pushed each other and not because we one day stopped doing so. :p

Until the day an Aston Martin Valkyrie or an AMG Project One will fly over the guard rails and mow some trees down ...

Or some electric car does a sub 6-minute lap in complete silence (apart from the tire squeal) and all this will be devoid of any soul.
#getoffmylawn :p

Or some electric car does a sub 6-minute lap in complete silence (apart from the tire squeal) and all this will be devoid of any soul.
#getoffmylawn :p

yeah but it will only be able to do it once... :lol:

How to properly pfl?g through the Startefeld:

4f7Ps4I.png

:lol: loose_unit and HWF3.0 at 4'50" - they made the cut for the 2017 compliation!

So there's now a new estate record on the ring. The RS6 could've gotten it but VAG decided the Seat Leon should take it, now sport auto got it with the E63S. Why a two tonne estate car in the super test? Because they're very German and test everything going by DIN 20832 eventually.

Last edited:
Jeez... fluids again?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, that's from the 1st November looks like.

That makes me want to avoid the Ring...

Last edited:
Marshal went home early. Getting out and trying to warn others was probably the smartest thing to do.

Wanna see a lap of how NOT to drive on the Ring? Watch this.

Wanna see a lap of how NOT to drive on the Ring? Watch this.

That's a good tutorial on how not to drive, period.

How so? Apart from changing gear rather aggressively and shuffling the wheel a bit too much occasionally, I don't see that many issues. Assuming the car is close to stock, you'd be either shuffling or driving with hands crossed the whole time anyway, as Sierras, like old BMWs have ridiculously slow steering. And a tendency to initial understeer.

I love the Sunday cup levels of power as well, being left behind by the safety car on the uphill. :lol: With that in mind he did the lap in rather good time.