The Obama delusion.

Nice first post in a four year old thread.

:rolleyes:

Obama's a dissapointment compared to november 08. He's still the best bet.

Edit: That is, unless you're a republican. He's caved to the GOP on a number of issues.

Last edited:
I agree with the sentiments of nomix, Obama has turned out to be a massive a dissapointment compared to the expectations of him in november 08. Obama is still the best bet as the GOP still keep picking unsuitable and unattractive people. Some better explanation of the policies that they want to implement would be good too, it's all a bit mud slinging, and not sensible mud slinging either. I actually liked McCain, but that woman (Palin) running mate - oh no.

Almost all presidents lose out to expectations. Even when liberals WROTE the perfect democratic president, he failed on a great number of things.

The only reason he lost out on expectations is because people expected too much of him. No matter what a President may say they are going to do, it is really just a list of what they want to do, and no President has superpowers. The majority of "failures" of Obama can be attributed to a recession that was worse than people realized in 2008, and the lack of cooperation from Congress (mostly Republicans, but even some Democrats). Some can be attributed to Obama being naive about the Republicans and cooperation during the first year or two, which means he lost out on an opportunity to steam roll legislation through Congress. Since the 2010 elections, it has essentially been impossible to get anything through Congress.

The only reason he lost out on expectations is because people expected too much of him. No matter what a President may say they are going to do, it is really just a list of what they want to do, and no President has superpowers.

Quoted for the mutha-flippin truth.
When you place so much pressure and expectation on someone it only leads them in one direction and that will be disappointment because you can't please everyone.

He did not do anything disasterous as far as I can see from over here, he did a half arsed reform of health care but maybe that was what was the only thing that was going to fly. He did his best to deeply insult the British PM but we are so up as the US's mates role we mostly ignored it - same with Mitt really.

He does seem to be not very good at getting his way with congress even when his party controlled the place. Probably McCain would have done better but Obama is much better than Mitt (Nice teeth) Romney I think - I do not get a say of course.

You guys seem to have a fetish for having good looking Politicians - I saw John Stewart the other night and that guy from Florida he was, er obviously good looking, good for TV I suppose.

Last edited:
The Democratic party isn't nearly as homogeneous as the Republican party (it lacks the totalitarian party control as well), which makes it difficult for the party to come to a consensus. For health care, you had democrats who wanted a full government provided universal health care, others just wanted reforms to the current system. There was just enough disagreement that the majority of the party couldn't have its way and ram something through.