The official 2010 season MotoGP thread!

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles
Who is gonna start the official 2010 MotoGP thread?

I guess I will! :D

The latest provisional calendar is as follows?

2010 MotoGP calendar:

April 11th* Qatar Losail
April 25th Japan Motegi
May 2nd Spain Jerez
May 23rd France Le Mans
June 6th Italy Mugello
June 20th Great Britain Silverstone
June 26th** Netherlands Assen
July 4th Catalunya Catalunya
July 18th Germany Sachsenring
July 25th*** United States Laguna Seca
August 15th Czech Republic Brno
August 29th Indianapolis Indianapolis
September 5th San Marino & Riviera di Rimini Misano
September 19th Hungary Balatonring
October 10th Malaysia Sepang
October 17th Australia Phillip Island
October 31st Portugal Estoril
November 7th Valencia Ricardo Tormo - Valencia

Reserve Circuit: Motorland Aragon Circuit

* Evening race
** Saturday race
*** Only MotoGP class

I hope 2010 will be more exciting than 09, but the thing that I'm really excited about is the rumored return of the 990cc bikes!

^The return of the 990 would be awesome!
Or do what Colin Edwards said: Make them 1500cc :D

I really hope they do come to Hungary next year...

Seems like it would too late to announce 990cc for 2010. I'm sure they all would want to develop new engines and 4-5 months would be short notice.

Seems like it would too late to announce 990cc for 2010.

It will most likely be 2012 with 2011 as a transition year.

The teams for 2010:

Repsol Honda
- Dani Pedrosa
- Andrea Dovizioso

Honda Gresini
- Marco Simoncelli
- Marco Melandri

Honda LCR
- Randy de Puniet

Emmi Caffe Latte Honda
- Hiroshi Aoyama

Ducati Marlboro Team
- Casey Stoner
- Nicky Hayden

Pramac Ducati
- Mika Kallio
- Aleix Espargaro

Aspar Ducati
- Hector Barbera

Factory Yamaha Team
- Valentino Rossi
- Jorge Lorenzo

Tech 3 Yamaha
- Colin Edwards
- Ben Spies

Rizla Suzuki motoGP
- Alvaro Bautista
- Loris Capirossi

Leaving MotoGP

- Sete Gibernau
- Chris Vermeulen - WSBK
- James Toseland - WSBK
- Toni Elias - Moto2
- Yuki Takahashi - motoGP 2
- Alex de Angelis - Moto2 / WSBK

Here's your tagline

"Avanti - posts once a year whenever the new moto gp thread needs to be started"

Aprilia has pulled out of Moto2, rumor has it they might go to MotoGP.

wooo return of the RS3!! Oh wait that didn't go so well for Colin Edwards last time at Sachsenring

Found some pics from the last test. Thought you might want to have a look. Enjoy.

Note worthy items....chicken helmets LMAO! and Marco Simoncelli's hair!

PA677835.jpg

PA677850.jpg

PA677851.jpg

PA677856.jpg

PA677875.jpg

PA677879.jpg

PA677880.jpg

PA677883.jpg

PA677894.jpg

PA677895.jpg

PA677897.jpg

PA677903.jpg

PA677920.jpg

PA677923.jpg

PA677940.jpg

PA677958.jpg

PA678109.jpg

PA678113.jpg

PA678134.jpg

PA678194.jpg

PA678200.jpg

PA678215.jpg

PA678243.jpg

PA678259.jpg

PA678265.jpg

SE5K8737s.jpg

Dorna confirms the return of the 1000cc bikes! :banana:

Today the Grand Prix Commission members reconvened in Geneva at the FIM headquarters to discuss future developments for the MotoGP World Championship.

Following talks between MotoGP?s governing body the FIM, series rights holder Dorna Sports and the MSMA, the Commission agreed to change the maximum engine capacity of the MotoGP class to 1000cc for the 2012 season. A limit of 4 cylinders will also be introduced, with a maximum cylinder bore measurement of 81 mm.

Mr Ippolito said: ?The main changes we have decided on are new rules for the MotoGP class. We will have four cylinder engines, 4-stroke of course, with a 1000cc maximum, and the bore of the cylinders will be 81mm. This base will give all the manufacturers the opportunity to start work. At the beginning of next year we will produce the new rules in a more complete format, but that is the basis; 2012 will be the year of a new era of MotoGP.?

Mr Ezpeleta stated: ?It was a very important meeting to decide the future of the MotoGP class. From 2012 the bikes will have an engine capacity of up to 1000cc, have up to four cylinders and the maximum bore will be 81mm. It?s a very important measurement because with this we can have all the characteristics of the engine. This has been approved and between now and the start of the 2010 season we will have another two meetings to define the rest of the specifications for this new class.?

Timeline of engine changes in recent years:

2002 - Introduction of 990cc 4-stroke MotoGP (instead of 2-stroke 500cc).
2007 - Maximum engine capacity reduction from 990cc to 800cc.
2009-2010 ? Maximum engine usage (6 engines per rider in 2010).
2012 - Maximum engine capacity increased to 1000cc, with a limit of 4 cylinders and a maximum 81mm cylinder bore.

Several minor technical rules change were also announced for 2010, alongside further regulations related to the new Moto2 class.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/FIM+announcement+for+2012+MotoGP

Fantastic!!!

Looks to be a good year, glad to see Indy back on the calendar, hopefully we'll get a good race.

Preliminary startlist:

4: Andrea Dovizioso, Honda
5: Colin Edwards, Tech-3 Yamaha
7: Hiroshi Aoyama, Interwetten-Honda
11: Ben Spies, Tech-3 Yamaha
14: Randy de Puniet, LCR-Honda
19: Alvaro Bautista, Suzuki
24: Marco Melandri, Gresini-Honda
26: Dani Pedrosa, Honda
27: Casey Stoner, Ducati
36: Mika Kallio, Pramac-Ducati
40: Hector Barbera, Aspar-Ducati
41: Aleix Espargaro, Pramac-Ducati
46: Valentino Rossi, Yamaha
58: Marco Simoncelli, Gresini-Honda
65: Loris Capirossi,Suzuki
69: Nicky Hayden, Ducati
99: Jorge Lorenzo, Yamaha

Dovizioso wants to develop bike

"I'm not like Valentino [Rossi] who was called by Yamaha to develop and everyone has always followed him. I wasn't given power by Honda to immediately change what I wanted to change.

Does this mean Pedrosa has been doing all the development? because I've always thought that wasn't Dani's strong point. Also seeing Dovi's results on the Scot Bike, I'd think that they would want him to help develop the bike.

Or is this more of the case of " we design the bike [Honda], you ride it" - The only things the rider inputs can go to is setting modification??

Official news; Gary McCoy signs with FB Corse for the 2010 MotoGP season!!!

Having lost his ride with Triumph in World Supersport, Gary McCoy is to make a shock return to the MotoGP paddock after agreeing a two-year deal with FB Corse.

FB Corse had planned to field a bike for John Hopkins this season before splitting with the Anglo-American rider last week ? stating at the same time that a replacement with 'proven experience in all major world championship categories' had already been found.

While the team insisted that the identity of that rider would be made public at a launch in Milan in February, McCoy has now let the cat our of the bag himself by revealing the deal on popular networking site Facebook, where he broke news to his fans.

?I am back in MotoGP!!!? he wrote. ?For two years I am going to develop the FB01 bike with your support! I want to thank Andrea Ferrari and Sergio Bertocchi and all the FB Corse Team for giving me the chance to return back to MotoGP.?

The announcement comes at the same time that Hopkins has been confirmed in a race seat with the M4 Suzuki team in AMA Superbikes ? a deal which was widely expected to be confirmed following his split with the FB Corse outfit (see separate story HERE).

McCoy last raced in MotoGP back in 2006 with two outings for Illmor, although he was overlooked for a race slot with the team in 2007 when it instead went for Andrew Pitt and Jeremy McWilliams.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/156450/1/mccoy_secures_shock_motogp_return.html

big_GSX_0586.JPG

hopefully we'll see more of this...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyv_VyubtzQ[/YOUTUBE]