The only existing CCXR crashed with a TG journalist on board.

niccce

01large.jpg

large.jpg

It doesn't look very spectacular on the pictures, yet the article is definitely worth reading.

Full story here: The article at TopGear.com

Last edited:
120 around a blind corner? Must be easy to get a job as a Koenigsegg senior engineer even if you're an idiot.

Topgear said:
1. We were travelling faster than I was comfortable with at that moment, on that road. 120mph is a conservative estimate of our speed at the point of first impact.

2. The engineer who was driving may well have forgotten that he had unbolted the rear venturi only moments before, to assist with the process of fitting camera equipment to the underside of the car at a location we were expecting to arrive at only a little further up the road. I really can't say. What I can say is that the venturi would have been good for 100kg of rear downforce at the speed we were travelling at.

3. After accelerating hard up a long straight, the driver turned into a potentially open but partially blind right hander.

4. The largest traffic cone known to man had been left on the inside of the corner; a six-foot high lump of orange plastic with a solid, square-edged, extremely heavy base. We hit it.

The Koenigsegg technician is a dumbass...

Luckily it was a factory technician who drove the car. It would have been painful if Top Gear wrecked it.

Behind us were the longest tyre marks I have ever seen: 265 metres of pirouetting rubber.

:shock:

That would definitely get my attention - as would being in a car with such performance, being driven by someone with questionable judgement. 120mph around a blind corner on a public road? He's damn lucky he didn't take anyone else out.

^ TG didn't crash it - one they were going to test was hit by a bus while it was being driven to the test.

Thank god it was an engineer trying to showoff and not a TG staff member.

120 around a blind corner? Must be easy to get a job as a Koenigsegg senior engineer even if you're an idiot.
Ah give 'em a break, the key word in there is "engineer", not "professional racing car driver".

A couple of facts about the CCXR:

Curb weight 1180 kg (2601 lb)
Power 1018 hp (759.1 kW) @ 7,200 rpm

Now what pops into my mind is litre superbikes, and since i always fancied gixxer more than any of its three main rivals, here are some numbers:

GSX-R = Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K5/K6

CCXR 1018 / (1.180 + 0.08) = 808 bhp/ton
GSX-R 185 / (0.166 + 0.08) = 752 bhp/ton

CCXR 0 to 100 mph (160.9 km/h) 5.3 s
GSX-R 0 to 100 mph (160.9 km/h) 5.5 s

:lol: What an shame for Koenigsegg, will this we another insane Swede that needs pinned down with a TG wing I wonder......

Strange that our tabloids havent picked this up yet. They're very alert when it comes to Koenigsegg.

:lol: What an shame for Koenigsegg, will this we another insane Swede that needs pinned down with a TG wing I wonder......

It had a wing on, until the engineer removed it to facilitate camera shots and forgot to put it back on again...

I noticed the carbon-fiber outer rim of the wheels separated from the metal bit.

I wonder if that Koenigsegg technician moonlights as the Stig?

I noticed the carbon-fiber outer rim of the wheels separated from the metal bit.

I wonder if that Koenigsegg technician moonlights as the Stig?

I was wondering that too... I was thinking this car was being driven on the track, which would have meant TG would play it off as being the Stig.. would be a great "Gotcha!" moment.

A couple of facts about the CCXR:

Curb weight 1180 kg (2601 lb)
Power 1018 hp (759.1 kW) @ 7,200 rpm

Now what pops into my mind is litre superbikes, and since i always fancied gixxer more than any of its three main rivals, here are some numbers:

GSX-R = Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K5/K6

CCXR 1018 / (1.180 + 0.08) = 808 bhp/ton
GSX-R 185 / (0.166 + 0.08) = 752 bhp/ton

CCXR 0 to 100 mph (160.9 km/h) 5.3 s
GSX-R 0 to 100 mph (160.9 km/h) 5.5 s

Usually these kind of figures are achieved by sacrificing reliability.
Yeah, I know. Very useful comment.^_^ But I think the bike is more reliable and therefore it might be worth the price you pay for it. The car... well maby not.

Still. Agreed that is a very well performing car. :)

Usually these kind of figures are achieved by sacrificing reliability.
Yeah, I know. Very useful comment.^_^ But I think the bike is more reliable and therefore it might be worth the price you pay for it. The car... well maby not.

Still. Agreed that is a very well performing car. :)

A swedish guy went around the world on a Gixxer K6!!
he said that the only problem he had was that the handlebar could have been a bit wider when i was riding in Asia... :p