The ovloV (Volvo) combat thread

Or so you say. You describe his behavior on the road as dangerous, yet you decided to entertain him and compete with him by passing him.

My rule when I see someone doing stupid things on the road is to go as far away as possible from them. You did the opposite.

Or so you say. You describe his behavior on the road as dangerous, yet you decided to entertain him and compete with him by passing him.

My rule when I see someone doing stupid things on the road is to go as far away as possible from them. You did the opposite.

Exactly. Whenever I see an idiot on the road, the thing you never do is engage them. I know I'm better than that, there is nothing to prove, at all.

I passed him without cutting anyone off and while staying fully in my lane with clear view of the road ahead. I also knew that the road narrowed ahead so he wouldn't be enticed to try and start a race.

And before you jump on the narrowing road part, let me point out that earlier today an Audi took that same corner very fast and even though I took it faster, I backed off before the road narrowed to let him go ahead. I'm not looking for a side-swipe.

Anyways, it's not like I was weaving about with him in traffic. I usually don't pay attention to drivers like that either but I just wanted to take a turn fast (like I usually do) and he basically just happened to be in the next lane.

Now, now, now, let's not let the behavior of our resident Masshole distract from the fact that Volvo owners drive like they're in a demolition derby. Back to the insults.

Everything you need to know about Volvo drivers:

Yes, I dipped my pegs.
Yes, I am debating where to place my boost gauge.
Yes, I lowered it.
Yes, the MT is so much faster than the GT.
Yes, I wish I had a wagon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it just me, or are none of those Regular Car Reviews even vaguely funny?

I find the parts where he actually talks about the car really good. I filter out all the stupid (i.e. the part about the Gillette Fusion, the Wendy's superbar bit, etc). The Miata one is more-or-less the only one that's good in its entirety.

"The headlights of the S60R turn up and down for high beam and low beam. Why? Because VOLVO! That's just another set of electric motors to break. The fuel door will only unlatch for 10 seconds before it locks again. Why? VOLVO!" :lol:

Last edited:
I actually prefer moto actuated high beams. That way you don't keep turning light bulbs on and off and increase their life span. Which isn't a big deal if they're easy to get to, but it can be a bitch with modern cars.

The high/low beam on the S60R is going to be motorized anyway, since it's HID and self-adjusting. It's designed to go up and down and up and down constantly as you're driving along. And there's no such thing as "dual filament" bulbs for HID.

And I don't know how much the lifespan is affected. High-beam bulbs usually last a LOT longer on any given car.

And if we want to be anorak about it, P2 volvos with (bi)xenon headlights has a halogen bulb to help out with the highbeam as well. It's not just servo actuated.

Last edited:

Seems like he's trying to be Mr Plinkett but for cars and with no talent.

Somewhere in Texas, Spectre is praying that the ice will crack:
1962777_10201492099412142_1319355778_n.jpg