The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

Twerp128

Car(s)
'91 Miata, '09 Street Triple
It's all just sugar water ('sept for diet :sick:) What's your favorite. I gotta say good old, Coca Cola Classic is my favorite. Vault Red Blitz, and Fanta Pineapple are up there too.

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
Root beer was my favorite until I stopped tasting the root beer and started tasting the water :yuck:

Then it became cream soda for a little bit, and I went away from that.

After a while it was cherry and vanilla coke.

Finally i strayed away from sodas altogether and have either beer, red bull, coffee, or water.

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
Cola: Pepsi
Root beer: Mug
Citrus: Fanta orange (I'm also a fan of grape soda)

I've got a big soft spot for unusual energy drinks with cool looking cans. Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt and Turn Left are probably the strangest I've had so far.

Last edited:

Twerp128

Car(s)
And for all you Michiganders. . . The original, and the best ginger ale evar! If you've never had it your missing out. It has a fucking gnome for a mascot!

Citrus: Fanta (I'm also a fan of grape soda)
Didn't realize you were black.

Cryptopygia

The Eastern state where you can't fill your tank
Car(s)
Whichever car is still working
I used to prefer Coke, but since then, I've drifted towards Dr. Pepper.

Mmmm...

I don't really like fruit-flavored sodas, and I think (lemon &) lime sodas are disgusting. Cream soda is pretty good, however. Considering the beer-like appearance it has, I've been wondering what would happen if I drank it in a cup, in a public area, full of anti-alcohol-below-21 people.

Last edited:

Elvis313

Car(s)
2013 Volvo V60 D6
favorite: Ginger Ale
more affordable: Coke
sometimes red bull, the new sugarfree one isn't that bad

THGL

Car(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) Limited
7-up
It's the only drink I've found that doesn't have Sodium Benzoate as an ingredient.

I will though, on occasion, have an A&W Root Beer (since I've been caffeine free for almost 2 yrs. now).

swek

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
Had a bicycle once.
Almdudler: You guys have no idea what you're missing out on here.

Bionade: Great since it isn't as sweet as regular soda and actually tastes like the flavour advertised on it. The perfect summer drink IMO. For some reason I like elderberry best.

I'm not really a soda fan though. It's too sweet and devoid of any flavour besides toothkillingly sugary. 99% of the time I go with carbonated water to which I add lemon juice. Now that's a proper drink.

Last edited:

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
It's all just High-fructose corn syrup water ('sept for diet :sick:) What's your favorite. I gotta say good old, Coca Cola Classic is my favorite. Vault Red Blitz, and Fanta Pineapple are up there too.
Fixed.:(

Anyway if you live in the Pacific NorthWest you owe it to yourself to drink Thomas Kemper sodas. They used to be brewed here in the great metropolis of Poulsbo. Real soda with real sugar.

Whappeh

Car(s)
05 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Pepsi, and only Pepsi, but I am going to kick the soda here shortly. I have 3 bottles of Pepsi left in my fridge, then after that its all water and homemade Lemonade.

Elvis313

Car(s)
2013 Volvo V60 D6
Bionade: Great since it isn't as sweet as regular soda and actually tastes like the flavour advertised on it. The perfect summer drink IMO. For some reason I like elderberry best.
How could I forget about that one? Actually, at the moment there are five empty bottles of Bionade "Litschi"-flavor standig next to my desk

edit: and I will give that lemon-juiced carboated water stuff a try, sounds good

Last edited:

Twerp128

Car(s)
How is the Fanta in Germany? Coca Cola bought it here and sells a pretty generic fruit soda, it's supposed to be amazing in Germany.

swek

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
Had a bicycle once.
I have no idea to be honest. Can you send me a US bottle over for consideration? :mrgreen:

I will give that lemon-juiced carboated water stuff a try, sounds good
It's my cheap drink of choice. A bottle of Hitchcock lemon juice goes for 0.99? With that you can lace tons of bottles.
I never was a guy with a sweeth tooth though. If I have no carbonated water I drink tap water.

Last edited:

Twerp128

Car(s)
Fixed.:(

Anyway if you live in the Pacific NorthWest you owe it to yourself to drink Thomas Kemper sodas. They used to be brewed here in the great metropolis of Poulsbo. Real soda with real sugar.

That's what keeps the price down.

I have no idea to be honest. Can you send me a US bottle over for consideration? :mrgreen:
It'll probably taste like shit. I don't know what's postage to the motherland?