The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

Someone else out there likes this soda. There is a ethnic food distributor in my area that sells the apple flavour. My fiance is not a fan, but every time we stop in there I always grab a bottle. What does the green taste like? never saw that version before.

It's more of a granny smith taste. I like it a lot.

Chaos386 reminded me that I need to give my take on Vimto:

I had it in the fridge for a few days so it was good and cold. I thought it would be just another fruit drink..but when i scanned the ingredients and noticed the words "malted"...i shuddered: I didn't know how the juxtoposition of flavors would play out...was this fruit flavored beer? Something else even more disgusting? I had to do it though...I paid a dollar for it and unlike Crystal Pepsi....I doubt Vimto would be worth anything 20 years from now on eBay.

I cracked it open and....not bad! :D It reminds me of grape soda but slightly different...more fruit flavors represented than just grape. I like it. :)

I liked it OK... I chose to get it when I saw it because it was a limited flavor, and figured I should get it while I can. It certainly better then Pitch Black, anyway. I do miss the World of Warcraft red/orange promotional flavor...whatever that was.

Chaos386 reminded me that I need to give my take on Vimto:

I had it in the fridge for a few days so it was good and cold. I thought it would be just another fruit drink..but when i scanned the ingredients and noticed the words "malted"...i shuddered: I didn't know how the juxtoposition of flavors would play out...was this fruit flavored beer? Something else even more disgusting? I had to do it though...I paid a dollar for it and unlike Crystal Pepsi....I doubt Vimto would be worth anything 20 years from now on eBay.

I cracked it open and....not bad! :D It reminds me of grape soda but slightly different...more fruit flavors represented than just grape. I like it. :)

Does Vimto exist in the US now, or was it just an import?

Northern staple, but not a patch on Dandelion and Burdock.

I liked it OK... I chose to get it when I saw it because it was a limited flavor, and figured I should get it while I can. It certainly better then Pitch Black, anyway. I do miss the World of Warcraft red/orange promotional flavor...whatever that was.

Yeah, limited over here as well. Was surprised to find bottles at the store next to me.

That sounds a lot like what is currently marketed as Halo 4 Game Fuel or something similar.

I've said this before in this thread, and I'll say it again. I want Coke Blak.

Was just talking to a random at a bar and he mentioned how he had a bottle of Crystal Pepsi in his basement, which led to me asking about the coffee coke - but sadly he didn't have it. Surprisingly for someone who knew a ton about soda, he never even heard of it.

Today's haul (including a Rat Bastard Root Beer, 2 Eli's Blueberry, and a...something banana.

Capture3_zps13f507bb.jpg

Capture4_zps00f9f92f.jpg

Capture5_zps3887d22e.jpg

The peanut butter and jelly one: gross. Didn't taste like either. Tasted more like...bad grapefruit.

Sweet Corn: this one threw me for a loop because of how bad the PB&J opne was...when I opened this one, my brain instantly smelled corn. Like...taking the lid off of a container of heated-up corn. The taste is somewhat sweet corn, or very mildly buttered popcorn-flavor (like those jelly bellies)...

The two Japanese ones were good, but not worth the expense/trouble. First, you get less soda. It's only 7oz, I think. To open, first you have to take off the plastic shrink wrap, then take off a clear plastic cap, then punch-out the center "plug" from the cap, then place the plug into the top of the bottle and press down hard, with dislodges a glass marble inside the bottle that rolls around loosely, but seems to stop the "drinking" hole when trying to drink the last few drops.

Peaches & Cream: not very good. If I wasn't told that ti was peaches, I'm not sure I would have been able to pick it out. The apple Pie one was pretty good...at least better than the Taylor's Tonics' Eggnog or Gingerbread.

Last edited:
Recently found a local store selling some US sodas...

Boylan Cane Cola, Boylan Ginger Ale, Boylan Orange and Boylan Black Cherry.
the Cane Cola is good, the Ginger Ale is good, Orange tastes like crap, and i've not dared try the Black CHerry yet...

Obviously i've tried Jones, those are sold at 7-11 here, Green Apple, Strawberry, Cream and Blue Bubblegum, all of them have been okay to drink actually.

but as of late, what i drink the most are two things...

this
frsh-can-001.jpg

and this
Urge%20Intense.jpg

http://tommyknocker.com/Almond_Creme_Soda.html
So good. It was like cream soda with marzipan...only way better than that might sound.
38bccd9279f1a74bbc0062e7b9a40a0e_43us.png

I LOVE Tommyknocker's stuff and its only a half hours drive into the mountains for me. They have their Rootbeer on Tap and its quite good too. They will even pour you a Growler full of it, which I keep meaning to do but never have.

Their main claim to fame is real beer, but they have a great line of soda's too. I haven't tried that Almond one, but I'll definitely have to next time I see it as I love Marzipan and I've never been disappointed with their stuff in the past.

If you are ever driving through Idaho Springs in Colorado (I-70 goes right through it about 35 miles west of Denver), Tommyknocker is a great place to stop for lunch or dinner. Great food too.

Last edited:
Tried a "Carter's root beer".. Absolutely one of the more disgusting things I've had.

Over thanksgiving, I had the two best sodas I've ever had.

http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/store/details.php?category=1&prodId=43
Wisconsin-made, from Door County cherries, Wisconsin honey and cranberries. So damn good. It was like REAL cherry juice, sweetened with honey, and medium-ly carbonated.

I do love me some sprechers. their root beer and cola are both delightfully creamy and complex, I'll have to look for the other varities, though the brand seems a bit harder to locate in stores as a whole.

I've been in Wisconsin for the last week with no luck in finding any of this variety. :(