The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

On the website it says that they weren't shipping anything until Jan 30 due to the cold.

its not a task in here... it justs costs too much.

Used to buy these for a long time:

38588-420x630.jpg

...but recently I've developed a liking to:

guarana_antarctica_lata__04800.jpg

It would prolly be even more improved with a shot of white rum or cachaca in it... :p

Last edited:
Went looking for some Sprecher's locally and found these flavors:

sd.jpg

Tried the root beer and orange dream, both were excellent.

Yeah, Sprecher always made a decent root beer. Never tried the Lo-Cal version. I don't like their blueberry as much as Eli's brand, though....but still very good.

Went looking for some Sprecher's locally and found these flavors:

Tried the root beer and orange dream, both were excellent.

With Orange dream they aren't joking when suggesting to drink it in a frosted mug.

Thank goodness where I live I can get every flavor...including seasonal Raspberry. My pleasant surprise from Sprecher is Puma Kola. You cannot really nail down the taste, other than it tastes like 7 Up Gold, and no one remembers that. And their root beer in a 20 oz A & W mug straight from the freezer? HEAVEN.

Curse you for starting my hunt for something that won't even be in season for MONTHS!

Gotta say, I do love that Mt. dew is (was) selling Taco Bell's Baja Blast in cans. Almost like it as much as their White Out flavor.

Weird, US coke is made with HFCS instead of cane sugar, and people are prefering Mexican Coke because of that.

Weird, US coke is made with HFCS instead of cane sugar, and people are prefering Mexican Coke because of that.

This actually prompted me to go check Wikipedia if Coke had a similar thing to Pepsi Throwback, and I found this (emphasis mine):

Wikipedia said:
In a rare move of no competition within the Cola Wars, Coca-Cola formed no plans, as of early December 2012, to release a sugar-sweetened version of Coca-Cola on a regular basis. Aside from Coke sold in the UK, Kosher Coca-Cola, sold only for the Jewish holiday of Passover, and Mexican Coke, sold via import in the United States, the last time Coca-Cola was sold with sugar rather than high-fructose corn syrup was in the 1980s, just before the introduction of the now-infamous New Coke. The only exceptions began in 2007, when Coca Cola bottlers in Cleveland, Ohio and Allentown, Pennsylvania started using saccharose, also called sucrose or table sugar, as a sweetener year-round for Coca-Cola, making these two markets the only ones in which sugar-sweetened Coca-Cola was sold throughout the year.

Huh.

*checks can of vanilla Coke in the fridge*

Well, I'll be damned.

Funny thing is, so many Mexican grocery stores and restaurants aren't even selling "Mexican" coke. People see the glass bottles and assume, but it's really just US coke with HFCS in glass bottles.

tried strawberry fanta yesterday, because i'd never seen it before... and dear god it was awful! i hate energy drinks, and this stuff tastes exactly like an energy drink ::yucky:

random sidenote: here in oman, coke, fanta and sprite all somehow taste... well... weird :| maybe it's to do with a different recipe used or the whole hfcs vs sugar thing, or maybe it's just me expecting it to be different over here... anyhoo: different!

Last edited:
Are they using the American Fanta recipe or the European Fanta recipe? The European recipe uses fruit juice and the American one uses artificial flavoring.

This actually prompted me to go check Wikipedia if Coke had a similar thing to Pepsi Throwback, and I found this (emphasis mine):

Huh.

*checks can of vanilla Coke in the fridge*

Well, I'll be damned.

What. The. Fuck.

:|

I think I need to stop by Allentown...seriously that's awesome.