The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
Woohoo! After 20 years of not skiing today I didn't fall down once today, and DaBoom can vouch for the fact that I neither went slowly nor in snowplow-mode... :dance:

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
03 Ford Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S
Back at skating lessons tonight. The lessons themselves almost cripple me. I literally cannot step away from the boards. Once we get into the free skate practice, I skate around fine with everyone else. Tonight I even managed to cross centre-ice all on my own!!

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
what do you call skating?

i have 2 types:
either skate-boarding (for which you need a board), or ice-skating (in which you can cross the centre-ice)
what type of skating features a board AND centre-ice?????

Last edited:

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
bone;n3545081 said:
what do you call skating?

i have 2 types:
either skate-boarding (for which you need a board), or ice-skating (in which you can cross the centre-ice)
what type of skating features a board AND centre-ice?????
Ice skating. Boards = the barrier around the ice surface.

I'm far too old for skate boarding, and I have no desire to experience gravel rash from sliding on concrete.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
^ok, now it makes sense :)

and skateboarding <> longboarding ;)
longboarders are crazy! (and i don't understand why none of them is wearing motorcycle gear)

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
bone;n3545138 said:
^ok, now it makes sense :)

and skateboarding <> longboarding ;)
longboarders are crazy! (and i don't understand why none of them is wearing motorcycle gear)
Ah, see, longboards here, mean surf boards.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
...I won a Bose bluetooth speaker. :) I attended a webinar and at the end the host asked one question regarding a topic of the webinar. The attendee who wrote the correct answer in the chat window first was the winner, and I did write the correct answer first. :)

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
I just received word that my bonus for last year is about 40% higher than expected. It feels surreal... in a good way. :)

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
I may have spent the entire Sunday at home because I've got the same cold bug as (seemingly) half the country, but I still got quite a few things done. Atchoo!

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
After 6 days of solid slog with scraper, sander, brushes, rollers, power driver, drill, jigsaw and various other tools, Junior's official bedroom (HW|F 3.0's daugher's* old room) is more or less complete and kitted out. A few final finishing touches to complete but the bulk of the work is done and rest can be completed in spare moments over the next week or so.

*She gets the 2m x 2m box room as a crash pad for when she is home from Uni which I completed a couple of weeks ago.

Photos of both to come in time, in the MacGuyver Thread, probably.

Now time for a long soak in a hot bath accompanied by alcohol and some seriously powerful analgesics. :wheelchair:

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
Eye-Q;n3545743 said:
...I won a Bose bluetooth speaker. :) I attended a webinar and at the end the host asked one question regarding a topic of the webinar. The attendee who wrote the correct answer in the chat window first was the winner, and I did write the correct answer first. :)
I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, but today I tried to put the speaker (which is a Soundlink Color II) into the bottle holder I have on my bicycle and fits pretty snugly. That means I will take it to the next Critical Mass to keep me and others entertained. :) Since the speaker is water-resistant it won't even matter if there is liquid sun/100% humidity (aka rain). :)

Oh, and the speaker is black so it fits the black bike as well. :)

Last edited:

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
...there will be a scale 18 BMW E46 facelift touring with M-package and styling 68 rims for sale soon: OttO mobile announced it will be available for booking from next week! :wub: There has to be a bit of work to do to match my 1:1 car (black exterior and interior, tinted windows, roof rails and removed markings), but it's a much better fit compared to a model without M-package which would have to be molded which I can't do.

shad_68

DOOD looks like a lady
Car(s)
FiST in mah butt
:banana: After 5 years / 10 semesters, I *finally* finished my master's degree on wednesday! :banana:

SquareLeft

Car(s)
2019 Mazda6 Sport, 2002 Subaru WRX
shad_68;n3549352 said:
:banana: After 5 years / 10 semesters, I *finally* finished my master's degree on wednesday! :banana:
Congrats! I remember that day well, even though it was well over 30 years ago...
Did you have to write a thesis, take comps - or - maybe I'm living in the past?

Now you'll have to decompress! I can remember (even months later) feeling that I needed to be studying!

SL