The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

Today marks a week officially since my Dad stopped smoking!!

It was originally only because I gave him the cold/flu thing I had, and he felt crook, but after years of me (and everyone else) pestering him, he's finally 99.9% sure he's had enough.

He got rid of the ashtray on his desk, he has no new packs/cartons of cigarettes in stock, just the few that fit in the holder he's had for years, which he's keeping on the filing cabinet in his office. It doesn't make sense to me, that he's keeping them because he'd be angry if he felt he wanted one, but wasn't allowed to have it (because there aren't any around), instead he knows they're there, but it's only him stopping himself from having one.
He says he's not 'craving' them, he really couldn't care less, and only really notices it when he sits to have a coffee and realises that he'd usually be having a smoke with it.

He's stopped for 8 months or so before, and went back because he wanted to, but he is saying he's had enough this time, which didn't happen last time. Hopefully he can keep it going permanently!!

I got a credit card a year ago, because I had zero credit rating (Not bad) the only company that would accept me was a million percent APR scumbag bank.
However it was a cashback card, at first I only used it once a month for petrol. But i'd see the couple of quid a month cashback I was earning and decided to use the card for more things like whenever I have lunch etc. Card paid off in full every month.

TLDR Free ?60 cashback.

I'm not sore anymore! being able to lift your arms higher than your shoulder (and spread them out again) is a great thing.

Master Thesis handed in, spent some time with parents in Wales..life is good. :)

Today was nice because due to some very lucky scheduling, I don't have classes on Fridays. Woo!

...I got the ticket for my next business trip and unless something changes or goes wrong, I will finally get to fly on an A380.

...with the repair of the chafed seat side bolster my car is finally in the state I want to have it. :) Additionally, I have 500 Euros to spare from the accident. :)

Today was an awesome day because I finally got the mouse I was dreaming for and Mom found a job! Awesome, awesome, awesome!

As I was travelling back to my company's hadquarters from another trouble-free delivery, they sent me a text asking me if I want another assignment in early October. As it happens, this one fits perfectly between my private and other plans, so I'll be making a second bit of unexpected extra money. :D

Today was an all-around very good day. I'm currently deployed for work here in Spain and today we had no work to do so I went out sightseeing with some coworkers in nearby Cadiz. Talk about a beautiful little city! On the way home we decided to stop by another base and pick up some supplies (i.e. beer and steaks) for later that night. As fairly uneventful as that was I was in for quite a shock. As we were making our way to the car someone approached me and called out my name. I kinda sorta recognized him (he used to wear glasses) then the real shock came when I realized it was my brother-in-law. What are the odds?? Neither one of us had any idea the other was even in the country, let alone on that base.

I still can't believe it happened.

I kinda sorta recognized him (he used to wear glasses) then the real shock came when I realized it was my brother-in-law. What are the odds?? Neither one of us had any idea the other was even in the country, let alone on that base.

I still can't believe it happened.
The exact same thing happened years ago with a tabletennis teammate of me: I was at a field excursion in Spain as a pupil, he as a teacher of a different school. We met at the museum of the FC Barcelona.

Even more strange that we met half a year earlier at a christmas lecture of a University where I was with my chemistry course and he was with his one, too...

i once met my doctor in napier, new zealand in the middle of the street :dunno: it's a small world alright!