The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

Awww, 747 on domestic is a rare treat... I remember flying MUC-HAM on one ages ago, sooo much nicer than a packed A321.

Wow, I thought only American and Japanese carriers used 747s on domestic on domestic flights years ago...

Lufthansa are only doing it because Air Berlin is no more and LH haven't yet received approval to take over some of AB's flights and/or routes. That means there is very substantial demand for tickets out of and into Berlin which they aim to satisfy by operating a few daily widebody flights from Berlin to their hubs in Frankfurt and Munich.

...and will do bugger all for anyone hoping to connect at Munich airport.

Anyway, the MUC-TXL widebody service seems to have ended already.

Last edited:
Well sure, if you're connecting it's still more convenient to fly to MUC - but a good chunk of businessy types are going to switch to the train, that should cut into the overall ticket demand.
Are there any figures on the percentages connecting vs not? My google-fu fails me.

I get to look at freight trains and prairie grass from my office windows. You win on office views.

That's better than being stuck looking at a middle school driveway. Just blank black asphalt for hours with the occasional parent's car pulling up.

Today was a great day because we just wrote the checks to pay off both remaining balances on our car loans.

No more car payments! Mustang was a 66 month loan taken out in 05/2014, Hyundai was a 48 month taken out 11/2016.

Now we're down to just the mortgage. As debt-free as we're going to get in the near future.

Last edited:
Got married today :)

Nope, but maybe it was about time, our parents were not surprised at all :p we hadn't told anyone about it.
And thanks :-D

My nephew is in remission.

Went to the birthday party of a new-ish friend last night. Only knew her and her husband, but got chatting with some great people, and ended the night playing Cards Against Muggles, once the more "adulty" adults had left.
They're churchy, but the great kind that don't push their views on others, still swear, drink and have tattoos. I've known plenty of the less fun kind.
Never read/seen Harry Potter, so the references were kind of lost on me, but it was great fun none the less.

mgkdk;n3544069 said:
Nope, but maybe it was about time, our parents were not surprised at all :p we hadn't told anyone about it.
And thanks :-D

that's how i would do it as well
and if people want a party, they can give me one! :p

DanRoM;n3544245 said:
Have you played the original "Cards Against Humanity" before?

No, I haven't. I rarely hang out in big enough groups where it would be possible.