The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

And report back!

Met more people from the internet today!

Months ago (before I had even considered my own trip to Texas), I received a message on Reddit from a fellow Dallas Stars fan, in Texas, who was planning a trip to Sydney with his wife. He told me a small amount about himself, and his interests, and asked if I had any suggestions of things to do while they were here.

So I gave them a three page list of things to do, places to visit, options for transport, and a list of websites to help them research.
He responded that his wife was very confused that a random Australian on a Dallas Stars forum, would give a complete stranger such a huge list, and so much help. He said he'd be in touch if they had any more questions, and they would be happy to meet up and get a drink or a meal when they arrived.

I heard nothing back until yesterday. They had arrived in Sydney, and planned most of their trip around my suggestions! So today was ANZAC Day, and there are a lot of services and commemoration in honour of our armed forces. (It was something I recommended they attend of they were here for it), which they did attend, even though it meant getting out of bed at 4am!
But they had the rest of the day free, and asked if I was available to meet.

So I've just spent 4 hours having a beer and a burger with them and their daughter, and showing them around parts of Sydney.

They also brought me some sweet Stars swag, and a patch from their local law enforcement agency.

I also now have two more people who are encouraging me to return to Texas sooner rather than later!

Reactions: MWF
Today is a great day because of mesh and sheer panels in warm-weather workout clothing that other people wear. :lol:

They might have candy or toys in the van. It might be worth the risk.
;-)

...I got a raise of 11%. :dance:

That said, in the meeting with my superiors last week they told me I am their get out of jail free card every time something goes wrong for others. Of course that was music to my ears. :happy:

...I have all the components to upgrade my PC. :) Today I'll swap mainboard, CPU and RAM in my PC and put the old stuff into a new case for my mum who currently has a PC with a dual-core CPU. Since it's her birthday next month I'll give my old components plus a bit more to her.

I’ve just done something that I’ve had on my mind for at least fifteen years: take the shortest commercial flight in the world.

...I have all the components to upgrade my PC. :) Today I'll swap mainboard, CPU and RAM in my PC and put the old stuff into a new case for my mum who currently has a PC with a dual-core CPU. Since it's her birthday next month I'll give my old components plus a bit more to her.
...and my PC is done. :) Went without a hitch, even switching from an Intel to an AMD CPU with corresponding chipsets doesn't phase Windows 10. It just shrugs and says "well, I'll install some new devices, what's the big deal?"...

...and my PC is done. :) Went without a hitch, even switching from an Intel to an AMD CPU with corresponding chipsets doesn't phase Windows 10. It just shrugs and says "well, I'll install some new devices, what's the big deal?"...

I'm going to do a crosspost in the tech section where it's more relevant but that's brilliant, beats having to do a repair install on XP!

I’ve just done something that I’ve had on my mind for at least fifteen years: take the shortest commercial flight in the world.
Jealous! How long will you stay in the area?

Jealous! How long will you stay in the area?
I’m already on the ICE from Brussels to Cologne. ;) These “fly on a rare(ish) plane to an unusual destination” trips of mine are always short. Can’t afford to spend a lot on accommodation since I’m already spending more than usual on the airfares.