The Post Your Pets Thread

Her GDPAs who gave her up for adoption in May called her Aditi but we aren't that keen on it as it doesn't suit her nor does it exactly roll off the tongue.

She is 14 months old and came to Cats Protection pregnant so has spent a few months in their care while she had her litter and homes were found for them. Of course she is now neutered and her jabs are up to date etc.

New official name has yet to be decided however on the basis of that last few days it looks like she will be known as Pickle.

She is very affectionate, loves laps, comes when called, purrs like an M30B34 and beats up girlfriend's dog* on a regular basis. :lol:

*Link pic by way of example. Actual dog isn't quite so vomit inducing to look at.

Pickle!
Cute!

Cute :D cats that beat up dogs are the best, we had one when I was a kid, it was the sweetest cat ever when it was home but outside it would fight anything and win :devil:

Reactions: MWF
Pink jellybeans. <3

Reactions: MWF
Any tips for moving with cats? I'll move next weekend, the first time with my cats. I took out the transport boxes from the basement, and joy oh joy the cats like sleeping in them. :) That makes things easier when the time comes to get them into the boxes...

The big move will be on Saturday, but I plan on moving the cats on Thursday already since I have Thursday and Friday off from work. That way they can acclimatize for two days and I can lock them into the bathroom (which is big enough for both cats, two litterboxes and a small cat tree) while we move the stuff into the new apartment on Saturday. Of course I'll take the litterboxes and the cat tree to the new apartment at the same time so they have at least something familiar there.

I don't know if it's the right way, but the cats were the last thing I moved into the new apartment.
Heidi acted like nothing changed. Fritz was really stressed for a few days, meowing and looking EVERYWHERE, but he soon got used to the new home.

My cat was also the last thing I moved when i moved from my apartment to my house. I just brought him in and opened the carrier in the main room at left it there. He stayed in the carrier for a little bit but then cautiously started to explore. After he had done some exploring, i showed him where his litter box was in the basement (carried him there and set him in it) and that was that. His litter box had the same litter from the apartment so it all still smelled like him.

If they are outdoor cats, you should keep them inside after the move until they get used to their new home. Otherwise they might try to find their way back to the old house. If they are indoor cats they should be fine. You could restrict them to a small part of the new house at first if you want to ease them into it. Once they create their scent map of the new place, they'll think of it as home.

No advice on moving the cats.

However, this little guy's come by and adopted my complex's live-in custodian/manager. We think he was one of three or four cats abandoned by a kooky former resident who moved out. Really friendly little guy.

Last edited:
Awww

I don't know if it's the right way, but the cats were the last thing I moved into the new apartment.
Heidi acted like nothing changed. Fritz was really stressed for a few days, meowing and looking EVERYWHERE, but he soon got used to the new home.

My cat was also the last thing I moved when i moved from my apartment to my house. I just brought him in and opened the carrier in the main room at left it there. He stayed in the carrier for a little bit but then cautiously started to explore. After he had done some exploring, i showed him where his litter box was in the basement (carried him there and set him in it) and that was that. His litter box had the same litter from the apartment so it all still smelled like him.
That's a good plan as well.

I can put them onto the balcony with food, water and a litterbox (they use just one litterbox anyway...) while we are moving out of the old apartment so they can't escape out of the door which is obviously open all the time.

If they are outdoor cats, you should keep them inside after the move until they get used to their new home. Otherwise they might try to find their way back to the old house. If they are indoor cats they should be fine. You could restrict them to a small part of the new house at first if you want to ease them into it. Once they create their scent map of the new place, they'll think of it as home.
They're indoor cats, but I plan on vaccinating and chipping them, get a GPS collar and let them out after they get used to the new apartment. At the moment I live on the 6th floor so obviously they can't get out except for the balcony, but I'm moving to ground floor.

So, Hank doesn't seem to mind if you tuck him in to bed. :D

:lol:

This guy's channel is awesome, the "True Facts about..." series is good but I just discovered these two:

[video=youtube;Xw1C5T-fH2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw1C5T-fH2Y[/video]

Too bad he stopped since working for Buzzfeed :(

Last edited:
Well, my cats were pretty tame while I was moving them. Maybe it helped that I moved the cat tree and the litter boxes at the same time. I didn't even need to fight them going into the carriers, they just needed a bit of persuasion in form of some treats. :)

Last edited:
Oh god, it's coat-blowing season. Corgi hair everywhere. Brb, brushing.

Not my pet, but had an animal incident at a recent Bronco club meeting. A bird flew into one of the open trucks and hid in the corner of the dashboard, panting and cowering. He seemed exhausted and perhaps scared and was willing to let people get within inches of him - or even touch the other side of the windshield without much more than a blink or head movement. Nobody tried to grab him as there wasn't much we could really do for him and we all left the vicinity of the truck to avoid distressing him further a short time later.