The Post Your Pets Thread

Until they try and eat the other family pet, or worse.

Until they try and eat the other family pet, or worse.

Not much worry of that, unless your "other pets" are free-range hamsters. Ball pythons eat pretty small stuff, though of course if you've got something really huge like an African Rock Python then there's more precautions to be taken.

Last edited:
Not much worry of that, unless your "other pets" are free-range hamsters. Ball pythons eat pretty small stuff, though of course if you've got something really huge like an African Rock Python then there's more precautions to be taken.
well luokyio does have two Chihuahuas :D

Oh man, cool python! How old is he/she?
He was born in July 2010, if I remember correctly, so 3 years now. These are long-time-pets, as they can live easily over 20 years.

Very accurate picture that is.
Yes, they are really friendly animals. So totally over-scared animals they are.
well luokyio does have two Chihuahuas :D
:lol: Yep, they need to be kept separately from each other. Not that the snake could eat them by any means, but two barking chihuahuas can easily stress the snake too much.

Last edited:
This is Todi the day I rescued him, with a broken hip, dehidrated, weighting only 1 kilogram:

3yw9l55.jpg

k6Jubuk.jpg

And this is Todi now, 1 month later, 1,500kg and he's now able to run around and jump into things:

8BTgGMu.jpg

tpsXsLc.jpg

And this is Todi now, 1 month later, 1,500kg and he's now able to run around and jump into things:

It's a one and a half tonne kitteh! RUUUUUNNNNN!!!

My mom just texted me a picture of our puppy (ok, he's not really a puppy, he's 11 years old, but don't think he's aware of that since he runs around and acts like he did the first day we got him).

59c2Sfd.png

I imagine he runs into walls a bit, though.

That's actually normal for the breed. I don't know how, but he can see perfectly. Fucking magic.
He does end up slamming his head on the island all the time. If you throw a toy on one side of the island and he's standing on the other, he will do a 180 right into it instead of going around. 11 years and still hasn't learned that. He has, however, learned how to stop on tile without sliding into a wall.

Last edited:
I got some bad news from my best friend today. His 10 year old Doberman Pinscher collapsed Saturday evening. They took him to the veterinarian where the diagnosis proved to be severe arthritis. The poor dog was in such debilitating pain (And it was extremely doubt he'd ever walk again and be pain-free - even after surgery.) that he and his girlfriend decided to have him put to sleep.

Goodbye, Connor - you were a great dog.

To My Beloved Master

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.
I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.
I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."
I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,
You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.
I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.
I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.
I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.
I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.
I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.
I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me."
You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.
It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.
To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."
You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew ...
In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.
The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say
"Goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."
And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.
I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

:cry:

That's sad. I'm sorry for your friend's loss.

Things aren't going well in my world either. My cats, Bryson and Alice, got into a massive brawl last night for I don't know what reason. They can't stand the sight of each other now. The problem seems to be with Alice. Not sure if she's the one who started the fight or not, but since then every time she sees Bryson (who's generally minding his own business), she starts hissing and growling. This, of course, upsets Bryson. He starts hissing and growling and it all spirals downward from there.

They need some time alone, so I'm keeping them in separate rooms for the time being. Might be a few days before I can begin to reintroduce them to each other...

When you do reintroduce them, try not to do face to face at first. Let them each walk through the room the other cat was in by themselves so they can smell each other and get used to each others presence.

Talked to my friend Chris - the guy who had the Doberman - tonight. His other dog - a Min Pin - is very stressed right now. She had never been without her big brother and now she cannot be alone. She whimpers and cries if he or his girlfriend leave the room. She also let his sister hold her - which shocked me. She hated being held.

It's going to be so weird the next time I go to his house. Connor always used to snuggle up to me on the couch. (He was a fully-grown 90-100 lb Doberman Pinscher, but he still thought he was a lap dog.) It'll be strange not having my cuddle buddy anymore.

Female, from a stray colony, was ran over by a car 3 days ago. Both back legs broken, the left with an exposed injury.

NBYuZWL.jpg

Female, adopted, owners used to let her go for walks alone on the street, was also ran over by a car, nothing broken, but with internal injuries, may have ended up with a renal failure.

xT1bXBf.jpg

Need prayers, good thoughts and lots of help to take care of these two ladies. :(

This thread gave me the feels. :(

Brother michaels beautiful dogs remind me of my own samoyed who died at the age of 13 in march. What a characterful dog he was...

Female, adopted, owners used to let her go for walks alone on the street, was also ran over by a car, nothing broken, but with internal injuries, may have ended up with a renal failure.

...and I lost my 15 year old cat due to renal failure in early 2012. I really hope those kitties make it.