The RC Cars/Planes/Boats/Helis thread

I was told to post this here so I will.

View attachment 5246

My first RC car. Self built, self panted. No idea why I bought one now, I guess it's sth. I had to get out of my system.

That is cool. What radio, motor and ESC is in there?

May have to look at a Tamiya for a cheap, fun project.

What's the best thing to use to clean the body of an RC car?

It has some stickers on it that I don't really care for and might take them off anyway go for a clean slate, so if they destroy the glue on there, that won't bother me.

Last edited:
Dish soap and shower, basically.

Here's my latest creation, a HPI True Ten Datsun body on a Tamiya M06Chassis. Fits like a charm and looks the part.

Attachments

• 5u6SA.jpg
    5u6SA.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
That looks fantastic!! Nice job!!

Have to ask though. Isn't the M06 a fwd chassis?

I thought the M06 was RR. IIRC for the Tamiya mini series even number means Rear wheel drive, odd number means front wheel drive.

Last edited:
I think for touring car racing its better to use those wheels. Better aero and what not. But if I were using it for a drift car, no way in hell!

I argue that aero on a car that small is moot when they won't get more than 30MPH up on a typical track anyway. I could understand using them for an aero boost if you're going for triple digits or if the majority of your tracks have a VERY long straight that lets you get up to top speed and hold that for a while, but other than that...ehh...call me vain but I'd go with a better looking spoked wheels.

Edit: Got my aircraft running today, tuned it up. Sounds pretty good to me.

Last edited:
F22 Raptor EDF.

Now featuring nav lights for post sunset flying.

Freeking awesome this Jet. Can easily harrier and get high alpha flight happening with this sucker.

Hm, I was oblivious to the existence of this thread so far. 24 pages to go through now, damn...

I kinda got hooked to the RC planes recently. So much that I already invested a couple of hundreds into radio, charger, and other important bits, waiting for shipment from China now :) For now I have my friend's old plane to restore and play around with. It's a model of a DHC-2 Beaver bush plane, and we have finally got it in the air a few days ago. Although it's only 3 channel, it handles beautifully. Can fly veeeery slowly, but can also do some simple acrobatics. I liked it so much, that I want to paint as the real thing. Picked this one as the paint scheme, partly because it's rather simple to replicate: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=C-FXUN

But ultimately what interests me are the warbirds. Me and a couple of friends are now thinking of getting some simple foam kits for the stream combat. Still have no idea what and where to get, and how much power would it need, but it would probably cost less than 100 eur + electronics, because I'm fairly certain we're gonna crash them. A lot :)

Should be able to get a lower idle than that, otherwise it'll be a little hard to land.

It will idle down just fine, I simply left the idle up a bit to keep it's restraints taut. If I let it get slack in that rope I run the risk of damaging the tail feathers, as I had a rope wrapped around them and then tied around a pole to hold it in place.

Bumpdate: My NexSTAR is ready to fly. Can't wait to take it down to the field and see how it does.

Edit: I also have a Heli-Max Axe CX Nano on the way. Tower was running a sale and I couldn't resist a hobby grade RTF indoor heli for 49.98 that needs only four duracells beyond what's in the box to fly.

Last edited:
Got this warbird now:

It looks just amazing, very good details. I got airframe only kit, waiting for the electronics to arrive separately now. Wingspan is about 1 m, and it has fancy retractable gear :)

It appears to be significantly more challenging than what I have flown so far, so I've been practicing on the sim. But still, I'm afraid it's going to be a lot less pretty after the maiden flight. Replacement airframe is around 90 eur :)