The RC Cars/Planes/Boats/Helis thread

Sweet. How about a clay/hard-packed dirt track?

If anything, the car pictured is closer to a TC3 (the one pictured is shaft drive, TC4 & TC5 are belt driven) but with a plastic composite chassis. Didn't know LRP made cars though. I thought they only made motors and speed controllers.

As for touring cars, HPI Sprint 2's are a decent entry level car, Tamiya TA-05's are also pretty good (avoid the VDF though, its a bit shit).

Short course tyres id be very interested in hearing opinions on as the stock trepadores on my Blitz are just about bald. Ive heard good things about Proline Trenches though.

It's possible that LRP is entirely unrelated to the division of AE that makes engines, motors and speed controllers.

If anything, the car pictured is closer to a TC3 (the one pictured is shaft drive, TC4 & TC5 are belt driven) but with a plastic composite chassis. Didn't know LRP made cars though. I thought they only made motors and speed controllers.

As for touring cars, HPI Sprint 2's are a decent entry level car, Tamiya TA-05's are also pretty good (avoid the VDF though, its a bit shit).

Yeah not really a fan of Tamiya. The LRP caught my eye because $200 RTR isn't bad and seems to be a cheap way to enter some casual touring car racing.

What is the difference between the Sprint 2 Sport and Flux?

Back to the tyres and wheels question I think I might go this route:

Beadloc: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXXWM4&P=ML

Gladiator: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAYRM&P=7

Still in two minds about whether or not to bite the bullet and get the hex hardware from the sc10rs.

Last edited:
Sprint 2 Sport is brushed, Sprint 2 Flux is brushless. Both have factory 2.4ghz radio equipment and are waterproof.

From reading around it seems the sprint needs some mods to make it steer well.

Interesting competition to the HPIs.

Sweet. How about a clay/hard-packed dirt track?

JConcepts Goosebumps or Proline Calibers with the softer M3 compound.

For all around use, go with the Gladiators. They're good on just about any surface.

Last edited:
Yeah I think I'll just go down that route with a pair of rear bead-loc wheels because I hate gluing tyres.

Last edited:

What I like: Longitudinal mount engine + 4WD + 1/5th scale = win, is 4WD, looks pretty tough.

What I hate: 1500 bucks for the bind'n'drive! Parts are gonna be a bitch to find around here, nobody stocks Losi. And it doesn't have a V8, despite being a wonderful contender for having one.

i really want an RC tank anybody know of any good ones below ?150?

I was told to post this here so I will.

u406.jpg

My first RC car. Self built, self panted. No idea why I bought one now, I guess it's sth. I had to get out of my system.